Tamiya 1/350 CVN 65 USS Enterprise

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW Gregg very nice work on that flightdeck markins VERY WELL DONE an how long did it take to mask up all the aerea's ? an then paint them ? as on my big NIMTZ 1/144 scale it took me two wks to do what you have done but mind you I had to mark an measure out all mine as it was a wooden deck but they came out ok just like yours but it certainly looks good doesn't it. I love the big carriers as there is so much detail you can add an you have certainly done that on yours will you be doin the airwing. As I done a airwing on my carrier an I fitted on 54 aircraft an some with workin nav lights an workin engine's like the hawkeyes it took me about 6 months but I really enjoyed doin them an more enjoyment to see them all on the flightdeck an in the hanger bays an when it was sailin on the wet stuff BUT back to yours I look forward to seein yours on the wet stuff sailin brilliant work on this carrier an im really enjoyin lookin at your pics an reading about the model keep up the good work :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HI again Gregg now you say
I had bought a very expensive decal set which was said to cover most of the lines, numbers, warnings etc for the big 'E'.
These turned out to be a complete waste of money as having soaked them well as normal, they just disintegrated when removing
them from the backing sheet. cant you write or send an email to where you bought them from an complain an ask for your money back as I would ?
chris

First Name
Gregg
AN HI again Gregg now you say
I had bought a very expensive decal set which was said to cover most of the lines, numbers, warnings etc for the big 'E'.
These turned out to be a complete waste of money as having soaked them well as normal, they just disintegrated when removing
them from the backing sheet. cant you write or send an email to where you bought them from an complain an ask for your money back as I would ?
chris

The reason being this had been a very long build and I had bought the decals, as well as many other items a couple of years before getting around to using them.
Apparently after reading comments by other buyers of the same decals, they had the same issues as myself of them breaking up. Well, you live and learn.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Gregg any more pics on the airwing ? an this is not a critisum Gregg of your build but ive been studyin your motors layout which is very good but as they are small pics an I cant see them properly but I just wondered wheather about coolin your motors as to me they look covered in by the hanger bay floor an may get hot when running
chris

First Name
Gregg
HI Gregg any more pics on the airwing ? an this is not a critisum Gregg of your build but ive been studyin your motors layout which is very good but as they are small pics an I cant see them properly but I just wondered wheather about coolin your motors as to me they look covered in by the hanger bay floor an may get hot when running
chris
The photo's show them before they were secured, they are now sat in a silicone base with free air around 3 sides.
They are also geared but I can't remember the ratio now as they have been in so long.
Motors Secured 0.JPGMotors Secured 1.JPGMotors Secured 2.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Gregg you have done a fantastic job of this carrier I think its better than my Nimitz on page 2 on here as I like the wheathering on the hull gives it a very real look very well done looks fab im really glad to see some one build a carrier besides me although yours is a tad smaller but looks great with all the air wing an I see you have some hornets done up in the diamond backs sqr that the sqr im gonna build my big 1/32 scale superhornet in when I get round to it but yours a wonderfull model cant praise it too highly :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
ATB STAY SAFE chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Gregg has she sailed on the wet stuff yet ? an any pics
chris

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi Gregg
I've just had a very enjoyable catch-up and I am full of admiration!
Super stuff, thanks for sharing

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No,Chris but just been through this, and what a build. Hope he is ok and manages to finish it.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, I just got here and quite an impressive working model. I feel an external ballast would help steady the ship better as in scale it would likely be hard to handle being top heavy and lop sided because of the island. Something that can be added on under the keel or perhaps a whole new lower hull. I think the last few pictures show it finished.

Would like to see Ojay putting her on sea trials...would be something to see.

Cheers,
Richard