Tamiya 1/48 F16C Fighting Falcon Block32

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just had a read through Mick , she's starting to take shape and looking good . Can't comment on the canopy other than think it looks good. Bit different from Russian Armour I think .:smiling2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Like JR, I've just run through this as well.......nice build so far and the canopy work is excellent...considering it's your first attempt I'd say you have a pretty good handle on it. Now you can announce to SWMBO that you have reached Manhood! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3:;):thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Mick ive only just caught up on your build an you are doin a great job of it an like Rick SAYS YOU have reached manhood so that should keep swmbo quiet lol
chris

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Still waiting for the weather to improve so I can start on the big paint jobs. Still undercoating small bits but decided to crack on with the tail fin. This is a stand alone assembly that attaches to the model on two metal rivets using rubber grommets. One side done and hopefully the other later when it’s all dry then there’s a clear part to go on then I just need to make up some very thin little probes, I think they are,to attach, same on the rear fins too.
19A2024C-8B7E-4BE3-AC4A-9768CFC832AC.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes, looking good as Rick says, bet your pleased to be able to get some paint on Mick.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Still waiting for the weather to improve so I can start on the big paint jobs. Still undercoating small bits but decided to crack on with the tail fin. This is a stand alone assembly that attaches to the model on two metal rivets using rubber grommets. One side done and hopefully the other later when it’s all dry then there’s a clear part to go on then I just need to make up some very thin little probes, I think they are,to attach, same on the rear fins too.
View attachment 445546
When you say thin little probes do you mean the sets of three on the rear edge of the fin and elevons ? If so they are the static dump wicks , theres three on each wing too . Are they included in the etch set mick ?if not I usually use toothbrush bristles stuck on with a tiny dab of CA ,then when dry a little blob of pva on the end . Looking mighty fine now , cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mick,

That is coming on very very nicely. Love the tailplane!!

Keep up the great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
When you say thin little probes do you mean the sets of three on the rear edge of the fin and elevons ? If so they are the static dump wicks , theres three on each wing too . Are they included in the etch set mick ?if not I usually use toothbrush bristles stuck on with a tiny dab of CA ,then when dry a little blob of pva on the end . Looking mighty fine now , cheers tony
Hi Tony, yes they're the ones, I saw a guy fitting them on a build blog, there's nothing in the kit or my etch but you can see on the model itself where they are supposed to fit so I too will improvise.
Rick JR and Andrew, many thanks for looking in.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
Hope the cold's better. Trouble these days is every cough and sneeze and we think "is it???" :rolling:
Falcon is looking good. I like the tail. Interesting way of fixing it. Nice looking paint job. Decals will make this pop.
Jim

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
HI Mick lovely job so far but what are them pins for on the tail ?
chris
The tail fin doesn't glue on, those pins locate in rubber grommets inside the fin. There are also some for the belly tank and wing tanks. The 1/32 scale F-16 I've just bought has quite a few more of these so you can store the model if there's no room to display it, it's box converts into a storage box.

Last edited:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
After over 2 hours work I have most of the decals on. Apart for one around the refuelling housing and the airforce insignia everything else is tiny. Unfortunately 2 of the most prominent cockpit side decals just disintegrated in the water, I’ve sourced some replacements which should arrive in the next couple of days. I can then give it another clear coat and do some weathering.
4A4B0E40-CDA9-4C6D-8B5B-C0A45B678639.jpeg