Tamiya 1/48 Me262 - Comments welcome.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Hi again,if you ever do achieve perfection let us know! I've been trying for a long time and still haven't got there :smiling5:The fun is in the trying,which is just as well.

Cheers

Steve
If I ever reach perfection, I think I'll be a bit dissapointed. I like trying new tricks out in a build.

Colin M.......

S

Scuff

\ said:
If I ever reach perfection, I think I'll be a bit dissapointed. I like trying new tricks out in a build.Colin M.......
I couldn't agree more with you Colin. I enjoy the challenge.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You build models like you take Photographs. Bloody wonderfully !

Not a lot to add to the other comments really.

Very nice indeed.

Ian M

S

Scuff

\ said:
You build models like you take Photographs. Bloody wonderfully !Not a lot to add to the other comments really.

Very nice indeed.

Ian M
You are very kind Ian. I have been a photographer for many years, and earn a few quid with it. I am passionate about both :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Hello Graham! That's a beauty of a build (5 stars) and great paint-job! Your photos are top notch, too : ) What a great return to the hobby.

P.S. Steve, that's interesting about the reject 262s marked with an 'S'. I'll keep a look out for photos of those.
I missed your post Ajay. The S wasn't always a big red one as in this example. Sometimes they were white and a bit smaller and appeared in the centre of the fuselage cross. 'White 17' of III./EJG 2,of which a very good colour photograph exists,is an example of this.The white S also appears on the fin above the werk nummer,infront of the swastika.

The S in both cases stands for 'Schule' (school) and effectively means the aircraft is only to be used for training,not being passed for combat.

Cheers

Steve