Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz 251 in allied service as an ambulance.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Sorry I’m late glad I got here in time some impressive updates and moving fast these 1/48 Tamiya kits are nice. Great job Jim.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Wow Jim....

Missed the start of it and almost missed the finish too.....you're really moving on at a pace! That interior looks great and those decals are something else.

Keep up the great work!

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Once again thanks for such encouraging posts :thumb2:
I have finished the building apart from a few small bits. I have painted the tracks and wheels but they'll go on later. Just hope they fit without too much trouble 'cause otherwise methinks there will be a lot of mud!
Primed with MRP primer.
P1070414.JPG

Three tone camo, again MRP paint, and masked for white blocks.
P1070415.JPG

Masked again for red crosses. Very fiddly to cut masks and position them properly.
P1070416.JPG

Worked OK :smiling:
P1070417.JPG

P1070418.JPG

Still got the rear doors to do but that isn't fixed yet so should be easy.
I can't get over just how well this MRP paint behaves.

Thanks again.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim, Haven't checked in in awhile........that does look mighty fine. Is MRP an enamel or an acrylic? Just wondering. ;)

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ooh I do like a bit of intricate masking. Very nicely done Jim, and I bet that would be a nightmare with most paints.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very nice :smiling3: I would have done it with reverse masking myself (white first, camouflage after) as it’s less masking, but you nailed it.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Outstanding decorating there! I have never once had MRP misbehave. I'll happily paint the wrong colours if it avoids using another brand these days.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys for you support.

Rick - MRP is a lacquer paint. Very thin so sprays beautifully straight from the bottle. I am using my H&S Infinity with a 0.2 nozzle at a very low pressure.
Jakko - I did think carefully about the order for painting and masking. I couldn't figure out what would be easiest.

Rear door cross painted and fitted but very lightly glued with PVA in case I decide to have one or both doors open. Decals on - all 4 of them so eat your heart out you wingy thing builders with hundreds!! Coat of semi gloss MRP varnish.

P1070419.JPG

P1070420.JPG

P1070421.JPG