Tamiya Hyakushiki III 1/48

First Name
Michael
This is my next build.

First time I've made anything Japanese. Kit looks nice and I'm sure it will go together very well being a Tami, I bought it off e-bay and it seems a little old, the decals are not the freshest but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Seen a lot of heavy duty wear and tear on many of the Japanese aircraft models so will try this, perhaps I'll have a go at the salt chipping technique I've watched some of you guys do.

I've had look for after market stuff for this kit as I've been wanting to try this stuff out, cockpits, P.E, e.t.c but not found any, am I the only person who finds the Hannants site impossible? M

View attachment 56370View attachment 56371View attachment 56372

View attachment 58450

View attachment 58451

View attachment 58452

091.jpg

090.jpg

088.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Michael great choice for the next build,looking forward to seeing what you do with it! Go for the salt for sure.

First Name
Drew
I quite fancy this one myself (got a bit of a thing for the Japanese planes).

What is the length of the fuselage and the wingspan?

First Name
Dave
Looks an interesting aircraft.Dont have any problems with the Hannants site myself.I always use the advanced search feature when I'm looking for something on their site.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi michael , ive got one of these in the stash its a great looking kit, im sure you'll have no problems.As for the aftermarket stuff the only one i know of is the eduard Zoom pre coloured P.E. , heres a link Eduard 1:48 Ki-46 III Dinah for Tamiya | eBay not bad priced too, hope this helps , cheers tony

First Name
Michael
Thanks Tony, I just bought that after following your link,

Hopefully will be here ASAP, thanks for your help, M

First Name
Michael
Ok so I've bought a little after market PE after Tony kindly sent me a link to some, I was in the mood to make a start on this kit tonight but wanted to leave the cockpit until the PE arrived as it's got a pre-painted instrument panel and I want to match this colour in the rest of the office. So I thought I'd paint the figures, not really my strong suit and I am unsure if I'll even use them, but I do enjoy it although I think I need some type of magnifier.

Looking forward to the after market stuff arriving (I got an e-mail telling me its despatched) so I can get stuck in. M

View attachment 58547

097.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
For someone whos figure painting isn't their strong suit, they're very good, if rather constipated looking.:grinball1:

Nice job mate, and looking forward to seeing how the rest turns out.

Tony.

First Name
Michael
they're very good, if rather constipated looking.:grinball1:

HA HA. Thanks Tony, they do look like they are rather preoccupied with their bowels don't they.

Tony.

M

mobear

me thinks its the gforce that did it lol

though they do look excellent

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I think its the look of fear , from flying the plane 'no hands' ! tony p.s glad the link was useful

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
\ said:
they're very good, if rather constipated looking.:grinball1:HA HA. Thanks Tony, they do look like they are rather preoccupied with their bowels don't they.

Tony.
super looking paint job ... i'd probably also look like that if i were being chased down by a gaggle of thunderbolts ......cheers lindsey

First Name
Michael
well got a bit of a start. Had to mix paint to try and match colour of the pre-painted PE, not too bad.

I've done a little PE before but that was a small sprue which came with the kit, this is a different kettle of fish altogether.

I have to file off existing detail to make the PE fit and damn, some of this stuff is tiny, so small in fact that I'm not going to attempt it all.

I need to 'tool up' for this, magnifiers, precise tweezers and I'm about to look in the shop for one of those benders.

Pics are of unfinished parts, way to go yet, great fun. M

View attachment 58812

View attachment 58813

View attachment 58815

068.jpg

064.jpg

070.jpg

M

mobear

certainly makes a big difference to bits a pieces,the IP looks awesome

mobear

First Name
Michael
I think I'll call this just about done, maybe a final wash.

The PE is pretty difficult for me, very tiny and prone to 'ping' off into the ether, enjoying though. M

View attachment 58950

100_1927.jpg