Tamiya jagd tiger

N

noble

Cheers I've sanded it down a little so it looks better.

Scott

N

noble

Hi Patrick its the older original one, bought a set of individual track links from tamiya, then realised that they don't fit this kit. So I've had to use the vinyl tracks.

Scott

D

dubster72

\ said:
Hi Patrick its the older original one, bought a set of individual track links from tamiya, then realised that they don't fit this kit. So I've had to use the vinyl tracks.
Scott
That's a pain! I think Tamiya got the old kit wrong by basing it on a King Tiger chassis. But the Jagdtiger is actually a bit longer - so your indy link tracks must be too short :sad:

T

tommy1drop

Cracking job on the zimm Scott, what did you use for the zimm mate?

N

noble

Hi all I used humbrol filler and a zimmeritt application tool. The tracks just don't seem to fit properly, so what you see in the pics are the vinyl tracks held together with 5 min epoxy resin.

Scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
what a great idea for the Zimmerit,

I do real like the look of it,very well done, ;)

First Name
Robert
Heh Scott I love the Zimmerit and the way your doing it ( looks fab) so much better to do it yourself, I rried it on a tiger once with milliput but it never worked

By the way are you free to do artexing ceilings!!!

Cheers

Robert

N

noble

Thanks Robert and Monica, I used this ages ago when I did a 1:16 king tiger for a client, it's quite easy to do.

scott

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great work so far and watching with interest as I have two of these waiting for attention.

Look forward to next update cheers John

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
:smiling3:Excellent so far;) Love the zim and great work taming the vinyl serpents........{and I'm not just saying that because you're a new mod:rolleyes:}....Jim:smiling3:

A

american

I like a lot the look of Zimmerit! I can't wait to see this piece ready for display! Good job!