Tamiya Mk.iv Male Tank 1/35

C

chris2681

Looks like a helluva nice kit. I will be checking in on this one, good job so far...................Chris

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is a cool kit!!:cool:

J

John Rixon

Do they make it without the motor? It fair bunks the price up!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Do they make it without the motor? It fair bunks the price up!
I'm not sure but the parts are there to build without the motor but nothing in the instructions about them.

Dave

First Name
Dave
I have a few coats on, so far the brush painting seems to be going ok not the smoothest of jobs but hopefully I can get away with it on this.

14536242052630.jpg

Dave

C

chris2681

Paint lobs on tanks weren't always the smoothest. Don't worry about trying to achieve a smooth look , as a matter a fact try to do the exact opposite. ;)

J

John Rixon

Looking brilliant! I do like the look of this tank as a great blank canvas for weathering and mud, I may well have to put this on my wish list. This is gonna get you a few gongs when you post it as complete!!

D

dubster72

It looks very good thus far Dave. You're definitely making me want to get one!

First Name
Dave
Thanks the markings I've used are of a 1918 tank so I want it looking very used I've just had a first go with powders and yes I plan on adding mud towards the end.

Dave

First Name
Robert
I like your wash theme and with the panels and seals look weathered correct from what ref pics I have. I'm no expert but some rain streaking would look nice IMHO ( that is ) but as I say I'm not an expert.

Regards

Robert

First Name
Dave
I've put some powders on does it look OTT? I still have mud to add which will cover some of the black.

14544354038410.jpg

14544354275751.jpg

Dave

First Name
Robert
Awesome ( that's brilliant and I love that effect

Really top stuff

Robert

J

John Rixon

Deffo not OTT, but don't be afraid to get some lighter pigments over that stage, to give the effect of older dried mud? Sorry, shouldn't interfere with a man's weathering! :oops: ;)