Tamiya Mk.iv Male Tank 1/35

J

John Rixon

All the clever bods I'm reading agree on one thing. Layers, and more layers.

J

John Rixon

I'm betting they didn't have pressure cleaners back then, and the crud built up until it broke away! Also gather that conditions in those things beggared belief. Stories of crews regularly having to stagger out to get oxygen into their lungs. The whole gruelling episode of those tanks is my biggest draw to building one, and that'll probably be a Meng, just so's I'll know what they were like inside.

Keep up the good work!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
There is also a PE kit for this kit also.

Nice work Dave, looks superb to me. Typical Tamiya motor stuff, at least this looks in correct proportions. IIRC they made a hash of the Tiger with motor due to making it bigger to fit the stuff.

D

dubster72

\ said:
I'm betting they didn't have pressure cleaners back then, and the crud built up until it broke away! Also gather that conditions in those things beggared belief. Stories of crews regularly having to stagger out to get oxygen into their lungs. The whole gruelling episode of those tanks is my biggest draw to building one, and that'll probably be a Meng, just so's I'll know what they were like inside.
Keep up the good work!
You're absolutely right John - the tale of tank F41 nicknamed 'Frey Bentos' is a remarkable story.

D

dubster72

\ said:
That a book?
There might be a book, but the story is widely available online. I remember reading it as part of the WW1 centenary.

The crew of the Frey Bentos were stuck just outside the German lines during an attack at Passendale. They were effectively under siege for over 3 days, repelling German assaults, drinking water from the tanks radiators & suffering 30°+ heat.

ps sorry Dave for kinda hijacking your thread!

First Name
Dave
I have been busy weathering this down I finished the tracks and now only the unditching beam and a few oddments left and a touch up here and there, this last leg seems to take ages waiting for each stage to dry.

14558182472280.jpg

14558182713621.jpg

14558182921722.jpg

Dave

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is looking great Dave, ;)