The Little Armour GB chat thread.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Befor I hand this over to Beowulf aka Paul to introduce the GB, I would like to thank all those that joined and made this possible. A good idea Paul and I rather like the twist with the "other vehicles in a diorama must also be tracked" bit. That should stretch the thinking hat a bit, :smiling3:
As per the norm, Please let @beowulf officially open the GB with his intro befor you post in here. Please remember also to keep chit chat on topic.
Over to you Paul.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
welcome to you all

kick off is 1st of January......until the last day of March, so plenty of time

just start a thread in this sub-forum and away you go......but no starting any building til 1st Jan......post finished work in 'Completed Military Vehicles' sub forum....do as many as you want cos these should be relativly quick

thread title should include your name, subject and 'Little Armour GB'

be sure to post box art and sprue pics in your first post

1/72 or 1/76 scale only

military vehicles with tracks.....that means half tracks are allowed but anything with only wheels are not!

any era.....WW1 to modern

can be displayed on its own or as a dio..........however if you do it as a dio any other vehicles must also be within the rules

please use this thread for any relevant chat/questions/etc

so whats everyone thinking of doing?

im surprised at how few i have in the stash!......but i might have a crack at this if i feel brave enough to try the camo

2wnutjl.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Paul

Is it still okay to join in?? I think Santa is buying me an Abrams kit which I can use

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Paul,
Can't join in as the only tracked vehical in 1/72 I have is the Kettenkraftrad but it had already been started for a diorama but still to be kitted with some detail so is it ok if I build along during the GB time period?
The Kettenkraftrad is on the left of the boxtop art...

1.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I have so many in the stash (literally hundreds :smiling4: ) that I don't know where to start!

Shall have to have a think over the next week or so........

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
the Kkrad is within the rules as its basically a halftrack jobbie.......but not the jeep and kubel

however when you say 'started', just how much is done?..........anything more than say 10% would be a considerable start on something this size

Last edited:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I'm in, with this:
P1140695.JPG
From last year's Aldi sale. Haven't done one of these for a few decades!

Pete

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whilst grubbing around in the little visited end of the stash, I found this....................um bison.jpg
Can't remember buying this! - note the number of parts - 151! The PE is a laugh - I had to get my magnifying glass out! :anguished:
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Simon,
it has link and length! I'm wondering whether I'm going to regret finding this!............bison tracks.jpg
..........and perhaps why I never made this!
Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
the Kkrad is within the rules as its basically a halftrack jobbie.......but not the jeep and kubel

however when you say 'started', just how much is done?..........anything more than say 10% would be a considerable start on something this size

Hi Paul, definitly more than 10% as its completely builted just waiting for extra stowage and painting so I think it's not qualified. Would like to just continue by building alongside the GB if that's alright.

3.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul
Just checking can the tracked vehicle pull a wheeled trailer hauling a tracked vehicle? No big deal if it can’t. I have plenty more to choose from

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Lee - Just to keep Paul's sanity and lend him a fatherly hand, one of his rules is anything with only wheels is not allowed. Stand alone or in a diorama, so I would presume the trailer is a no-no.

Paul's call though.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That’s ok with me I’m very glad Paul is still going through with this. I will pick a different subject and post it ASAP. No problem

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul, definitly more than 10% as its completely builted just waiting for extra stowage and painting so I think it's not qualified. Would like to just continue by building alongside the GB if that's alright.

View attachment 323306

Cheers,
Richard

sorry but i would say no........its already built so not in with the spirit of the build

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here’s mine.5E04F224-F245-42AC-9A5B-99179FF2BB3B.jpeg

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Lee - don't know how accurate you want to be but pretty sure Sdkfz9 didn't get a flak38 mount just 88mm flak
Sdkfz7 got the quad - Sdkfz10/11 got the single flak38