The Motorbike Thread

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
If that's a full power Vmax you had better put a wheelie bar on the back. ;)

Andy.
It is the full 145bhp vmax. Not had a decent run on it yet. Bad weather and too busy at work. Got some time off soon. Can't wait, just hope the weather is decent.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Just to spoil your day!! My little ride!! Never had the inkling to get a big boys bike, preferred the comfort!!
SDC10255.jpg

Had a great day when I did my BikeSafe Course with the police. Killed off a few rumours about elastic band power being 'crepe'!!!
Whatever you lot say - I have probably heard it all before!!!! :rolling: :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
Also had one of these which Mrs W loved. Had some great days out on it.
P4030143.jpg

Last edited:

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
You won't find me knocking it. Anything with two wheels and an engine can put a big grin on your face.

And it's just about the only other thing that clears the mind in the way sticking bits of plastic together does....

Nick.

First Name
Andy
I traded the Classic 350 today for a Royal Enfield Scram 411 as I really liked it when I had a test ride last week.
52816739672_e9690ae54f_h.jpg

Faster than the Classic although that is not hard to do, handles much better and on the 85 miles done today the comfort level seems on par with the Classic. On the whole it seems a nicer place to be so there goes buying more models for a while. ;)

Andy.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
You won't find me knocking it. Anything with two wheels and an engine can put a big grin on your face.

And it's just about the only other thing that clears the mind in the way sticking bits of plastic together does....

Nick.
With all that Tupperware wrapped around my machines I had the best of both worlds then!!
They’re not exactly the same naked though!!!
P1010029.jpg

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
In the 'old days' big thumpers like the Panther (remember them?) had one ignition every second lampost!
Steve

First Name
Andy
I don't like the look of them for some reason, perhaps it's the truck radiator or the exhaust pipe shape? This coming from someone who is old enough to remember, and has ridden a real Goldie, or perhaps I am just old and behind the times. Also, the time it took from when it was first mooted until it was released troubles me a bit

Andy.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Yes Andy - I wouldn't want to be an 'early adopter'.

I don't mind the radiator. For me, the bit that looks wrong is how low the rear of the bike is - although that would make it nice and easy for a passenger to get on and off.

On the quality side the real disappointing thing is the cheap feel of the switches. Those on the Royal Enfields are much nicer to use.

Nick

Last edited:

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That BSA does have a 'heavy' look in the photos, not seen one in the flesh. I think if I was in the market for something similar it's hard to beat the Enfield 650 Interceptor I test rode last year. Really surprised me !DSC07938.jpegDSC07940.jpeg

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
I think I'd like the BSA more if the handlebars were a little lower and narrower.

The Enfield 650's are nice and have proven themselves over the past couple of years. The new 650 Super Meteor is another step up in build quality and although I'm not really a cruiser fan they do ride nicely.

Nick