The Pick up

0ne48thtel

After a long patrol in the desert of Iraq a british patrol has requested a pull out after completing their mission. View attachment 81746

View attachment 81747

View attachment 81748

A coalition MH-60G helo is despatched to bring them back.
The figures I am going to be using are the airfix ones. Although a bit more modern in uniform and body armour I don't think it will really matter. I did try sourcing some US soldiers but settled for the british ones

011.JPG

014.JPG

022.JPG

R

Ray Scheller

Great looking build. The camouflage job is second to none. I have six helo's in my collection but I'd be proud to have this one. I also like the very subdued weathering you used especially the slight chipping around the clear windows. Very well done.

Ray

0ne48thtel

Thanks Ray the build it's self was started last october and I have basically picked at it since. I have done other builds while this one has been on the bench. The chipping was done by over running masking fluid around the window frames. Prior to the camo being added I had painted some of the helo in the euorpean scheme. for some of it I just flicked masking fluid over different areas then pulled it off once the camo was dry. I then used some flory's weathering fluid and a tamiya weathering set. I am glad I took the time with it and think once the figures are added it will bring a bit more life to it.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along nicely , like the camo on the little guys keep up the good work,:rolleyes:

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Great Work on the figures Terry

nice to see in this scale :smiling3:

Cheers,Ben

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great Work on the figures Terry, looking good , do like the camo, keep up the good work :rolleyes:

0ne48thtel

Thanks Monica it did my eyes in painting them but was worth it I think.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
It's all piecing together very well Terry and those figures look really good!

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Looking great love the helicopter and the figures this is going to look amazing when all put together

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice helicopter and fantastic work on the figures , how did you do those faces on such a small scale

Top job :smiling3:

0ne48thtel

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Alan it was done with a steady hand and a lot of patience. Oh and a lot of squinting;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I have the same figures for the dio I'm on at the moment so I know just how much squinting you are doing terry :D