The Pick up

0ne48thtel

One fault I can find with these figures Alan is the lack of possible poses. They all have bent arms so not to much scope for changinging them unless your brave enough to hack them up.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I agree terry , I have both the vehicle and the patrol figures and out of the sixteen I can only use about six of them which is ok for this as I can practice on the others :smiling3:

0ne48thtel

Another thing I have noticed Alan is that they have the colour of the goggle lenses as black. I am pretty sure and I am hoping someone will correct me if I am wrong but I thing the goggles our boys use are actually yellow tinted.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I think you might be right , from what I've seen on those afghan program's they are a gold transparent plastic , I suppose they chose black because of the transparency aspect.

On the colour code for the European DPM it tells you to paint the main colour humbrol 83 but #83 is actually Ockre in the humbrol listing so I used revell light olive it's not spot on but it is a good match for what it should be

0ne48thtel

The way I figure it is yellow makes more sense because if you were fighting in and around buildings you would still be able to see if the light changed. As the goggles are not heavily tinted if you were wearing black or grey shades and went in to a darker area you would be screwed. Or yo would have to keep taking them off. with yellow your eyes don't need time to adjust. It is the same principle as night driving glass.

0ne48thtel

Tonight I have put one and a bit of the figures together and then had a play around to see how they will look on the board. I think they will look just fine. I am experimenting with using cotton wool spray painted green for a smoke effect. as though the patrol let a smoke grenade off once the helo was in the area. I have cut a small bit of styrene to use as the cannister so it doesnt look like the smoke is appearing from the ground. This I will add once I am happy the smoke looks ok. The quality of the board shots is not that good but once it is finished I will do some better ones.

View attachment 82013

View attachment 82014

View attachment 82015

View attachment 82016

View attachment 82017

View attachment 82018

View attachment 82019

View attachment 82020

View attachment 82021

View attachment 82022

View attachment 82023

032.JPG

007.JPG

010.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

023.JPG

028.JPG

030.JPG

031.JPG

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is looking great terry nice look for the smoke and canister :smiling3:

I think the lighting is fine it does give it a dusk look to it as off they had to get out before dark :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
No probs terry :smiling3:

Now I like those pics it's something I've tried from time to time but never get it quite right but I think you've nailed it :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've been quietly watching your build Terry, and there's some good stuff going on. Keep it up....

These last set of pictures are very good. You should put one in the photo section that's running on here....

Excellent stuff....

Ron

0ne48thtel

Thanks Alan and Ron.

Ron for me the only thing that lets the last set down is the shadows on the wall behind the chopper.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's the part I like....It shows off the silhouette of the aircraft. Iraqi night sky does strange things...Could also be a search light flash, a flare or just a night sky phenomenon.

No, I like them

D

dubster72

That's looking really good Terry - it's giving the feeling of haste & urgency.

As an alternative to cotton wool, maybe play around with microfibre - it's finer & to my mind, a better material for the ' wispyness ' of smoke.

Ok I made up that word! Couldn't think of anything else!

T

treyzx10r

Terry just caught up on this and really liking what you're doing! Looking forward to seeing those outdoor pics! Great work!