The return of the little blokes…..28mm Gripping beast Arab light cavalry

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
After a hiatus working in various group builds, here are some more little blokes. Not my best, currently suffering RA shakes and loss of motor control. They are good enough for gaming though…..

B3106A18-8CEF-4A34-8C16-E5FED601AC9C.jpeg
Usually I go for units in multiple of five, but there were twelve in the box so I did ‘em all….

A2554D5C-332A-4A67-8212-064FAA0D83AD.jpeg
78B23A33-09E0-4ADF-B038-3E55B78AEE5F.jpeg
C3D14324-D0BC-4CD6-A231-80A83DEDB19C.jpeg
Quite a colourful crew. I was going to go with some freehand design stuff on the clothing for interest, but just don’t have the control at the moment. Good job there wasn’t a flag required ;) They will pass muster as a light cavalry unit in my ongoing plod towards enough troops to play Oathmark though…..

Last one, the usual calibration shot to give an idea of size…..
DE9BCDC9-0B9B-4D7A-B62A-02788EF1B676.jpeg
The unit commander is an angry Tommy Cooper lookalike……

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yet again great work Tim....your "not my best" is still streets ahead of my very best!

And again 28mm sounds so much larger than 1/72.... Until your do the usual calibration shot!

Again great work.

Very well done.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yet again great work Tim....your "not my best" is still streets ahead of my very best!

And again 28mm sounds so much larger than 1/72.... Until your do the usual calibration shot!

Again great work.

Very well done.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew. Horses aside these were actually quite simple figures. The hard bit was getting interest into the coats without freehand designs….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim,
If you can paint that well with the shakes there is no hope for me :smiling:
There is always hope Scottie, it really isn’t that hard :tongue-out3: . The horses were actually done before the shakes started, and look crisper to me. The shakes generate frustration more than anything else. I had to do the shield designs with a rotring pen rather than paint as well.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great group Tim and the colours look brill. If this is when your feeling bad hand wise heaven help the rest of us.

Having called a meeting of The Committee the result gives you

download THE DOGS.jpg

Congratulations.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great group Tim and the colours look brill. If this is when your feeling bad hand wise heaven help the rest of us.

Having called a meeting of The Committee the result gives you

View attachment 477638

Congratulations.
Well, many thanks to the committee John, though I don’t think it’s deserved in this case…..

• Wow
Reactions: JR

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your usual excellent results. If this is what having the shakes does then I am going to up my caffeine intake considerably :smiling:
John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice one Tim. Do you still have time to wargame these guys?

John
Thanks John. Got the time, but currently don’t have the energy or strength to set it all up. Currently my gaming is down to my mates game collection and cardboard counters. Hoping for better things this year though……

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That's more great work Tim, love the colours
Cheers Mick. I like them better now the lads are on the horses. I did the horses first and thought the colours reminded me of Lego LOL.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Your usual excellent results. If this is what having the shakes does then I am going to up my caffeine intake considerably :smiling:
John.
Cheers John. Wouldn’t recommend it……the shakes drive me mad but I know it’s only short term while I’m on steroids. I really feel for those that have them all the time.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Brilliant bunch of rabble Tim , reminds me of the charge of the Cosford massive when there was a rumour of eccles cakes and Tunnocks wafers to be had in the cafe . They are a very colourful bunch and although you say they arent your best they look superb to me . Hope the shakes improve soon , cheers tony