The return of the little blokes…..28mm Gripping beast Arab light cavalry

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Brilliant bunch of rabble Tim , reminds me of the charge of the Cosford massive when there was a rumour of eccles cakes and Tunnocks wafers to be had in the cafe . They are a very colourful bunch and although you say they arent your best they look superb to me . Hope the shakes improve soon , cheers tony
Cheers Tony. Thinking of the Cosford massive in Fez’s is more than a little disconcerting to be honest……

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Really good Tim ,I'm afraid my Sudan fellas have still only got as far as the primer ,no excuses probably still too scared to give it a go yet. Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Really good Tim ,I'm afraid my Sudan fellas have still only got as far as the primer ,no excuses probably still too scared to give it a go yet. Dave
Cheers Dave. Best advice I can give is just give ‘em a go Dave. Nothing to lose really…..

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
These look great, Tim. The horses are especially good - great colours and modulation of their coats.

It must be intensely frustrating to know you could do better without your hand problems - I do hope that improves for you.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
These look great, Tim. The horses are especially good - great colours and modulation of their coats.

It must be intensely frustrating to know you could do better without your hand problems - I do hope that improves for you.
Cheers Paul, very kind of you. Horses were done my usual way with animals……find pictures of the animal that you like and copy them :tongue-out3:

The shakes are frustrating, but par for the course with heavy steroid dosage it seems. I have had it before. They do mask the worst excesses of the illness for a while though, so will be necessary over the time it takes the new regime to do its stuff. In the scheme of things being able to walk trumps being able to paint fine detail every time ;)

The shakes are noticeably less this morning because my dose dropped Wednesday. The steroid dose starts high then tapers off over four weeks, so I’m not on so much now. I should be getting back to what passes as normal for a while soon. Thanks for the concern.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Missed these until now Tim!!
Don't know exactly how much difference the shakes have had on the end result......
...... they still look rather spectacular to me mate. ;)
Cheers Andy. Much appreciated. I think the difference it makes is that you lose confidence in your ability to do things like fine lining that I wouldn’t have thought twice about doing before.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Beautiful. I know what it's like working with shaky hands and fingers and these are well impressive!
Many thanks Dave. Compared to you I suspect my issue is very minor, but it still irritates when you can’t do what you want……

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Many thanks Dave. Compared to you I suspect my issue is very minor, but it still irritates when you can’t do what you want……

I can't really claim my shakes are serious - just b****y annoying!

I saw some improvement last time the dosage was increased on my beta blockers, but maybe I've developed a tolerance 'cos the shakes are back to what they were before. I got an appointment with the doc next week about my arthritis so I'll tag this on and see what he says.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I can't really claim my shakes are serious - just b****y annoying!

I saw some improvement last time the dosage was increased on my beta blockers, but maybe I've developed a tolerance 'cos the shakes are back to what they were before. I got an appointment with the doc next week about my arthritis so I'll tag this on and see what he says.
Good luck Dave, hope you get some resolution on the issue.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Very nice!

I have a bunch of these I bought for Saga, before realising Saga is rubbish. So they're languishing in a box with a load of LBMS decals.
Definitely was going to do them as "Dolly mixture" Saracens rather than the more mono-chromatic fanatic types.
Currently on my "put on eBay" list though, not enough to do a proper army.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice!

I have a bunch of these I bought for Saga, before realising Saga is rubbish. So they're languishing in a box with a load of LBMS decals.
Definitely was going to do them as "Dolly mixture" Saracens rather than the more mono-chromatic fanatic types.
Currently on my "put on eBay" list though, not enough to do a proper army.
Never tried Saga, and after that comment probably never will ;) . I’m aiming to use these with Oathmark if I ever get my health back to the point where I can put games on again……if those rules are to my liking there are plenty of others out there…..
Glad you like them by the way…..

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Never tried Saga, and after that comment probably never will ;) . I’m aiming to use these with Oathmark if I ever get my health back to the point where I can put games on again……if those rules are to my liking there are plenty of others out there…..
Glad you like them by the way…..
I have Oathmark on my radar, only really playing Black powder at the moment as it's easy to remember. We have a "big games" group that focus on getting large games to the table, ACW was last, Napoleon in Russia is next. Then possibly the battle of Brunanburh after that.....though bronze age mutterings are ongoing.
It helped get us focused and playing games rather than lamenting that we had no opponents.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
It always amazes me how you paint the little fellas so well Tim.Who are they anyway? Look sort of Turkish/Circassian-ish.
As far as the RA goes I'd guess you're already on a disease-modifying drug so I hope you can boot the steroids into touch soon.
All the best.
Jon.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It always amazes me how you paint the little fellas so well Tim.Who are they anyway? Look sort of Turkish/Circassian-ish.
As far as the RA goes I'd guess you're already on a disease-modifying drug so I hope you can boot the steroids into touch soon.
All the best.
Jon.
Hi Jon
They are billed as Arab light cavalry, from the Seljuk empire of the early Middle Ages. I’m using them as a Haradrin like force in my fantasy armies….

Definately on DMRDs Jon, quietly working my way through the catalog :tongue-out3:. Currently on injectable methotrexate and have just had a Rituximab infusion, which takes eight to sixteen weeks to be effective. Before that I’ve tried straight methotrexate tablets, an increase in methotrexate, which worked, but not well enough or long enough, added Sulfasalazine (which worked but had god awful side effects) and biologic therapy in the form of Adilumumab (Imraldi), which did very little. Can’t use JAK inhibitors because of the DVT history, so now on the Rituximab big guns knocking out my B cells….

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Jon
They are billed as Arab light cavalry, from the Seljuk empire of the early Middle Ages. I’m using them as a Haradrin like force in my fantasy armies….

Definately on DMRDs Jon, quietly working my way through the catalog :tongue-out3:. Currently on injectable methotrexate and have just had a Rituximab infusion, which takes eight to sixteen weeks to be effective. Before that I’ve tried straight methotrexate tablets, an increase in methotrexate, which worked, but not well enough or long enough, added Sulfasalazine (which worked but had god awful side effects) and biologic therapy in the form of Adilumumab (Imraldi), which did very little. Can’t use JAK inhibitors because of the DVT history, so now on the Rituximab big guns knocking out my B cells….
Bloody 'ell.... There's some words in that lot eh?!! ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I know.....I thought the stuff I was studying was bad....I was wrong! :smiling5:

Seriously though Tim, hope you see some improvements in the coming weeks.

All the best.

Andrew
The take home from this is anything ending in “mab“ is a monoclonal antibody and costs a great deal to produce Andrew.
I hope this one works……if you look at my treatment regime I’ve gone up the expense ladder……I’m costing the NHS a fortune now ;)