"The surrender ( if looks could kill!)"

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work Jason. Totally confused with change in title as I was trying to find the original thread to see how you were doing. Got there in the end and it was worth all the hassle to catch up with your build. Figure or jeep, its quality work from start to finish. Looking forward to seeing the German on the base as well.

Reactions: JR
First Name
Jason
Hi all,
Thanks for your supportive comments and thanks for bearing with me on the change of the threads title...I did start this out as just building the Jeep but other ideas developed as I went along... I didn't really anticipate that setting out the figures on the base would be so difficult but I wanted the Americans to be staring at the German whilst the German gives a sideways glance...so I'm stuck with the directions the eyes are facing which wasn't my original layout...( there's no way I'm going to try to change the direction of the eyes!!!).... making a start on the third figure so I'm trying to plot his position out before painting the face but time will tell on that one.... hopefully should post more pics soon!
Thanks
Jason.

First Name
Jason
Cheers Neil... it's certainly testing my eyesight!
Thanks Ian... I'm a bit concerned that the second American doesn't look miffed enough... I may have to re do the eyes... I think the whole thing is partly inspired by Websters rant in one of the later episodes of Band of Brothers??? "dragging our asses halfway around the world, interupting our lives ...and for what?"
Thanks
Jason.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi all,
I think I should probably rename this thread or start a new one as I seem to have moved on from the jeep... but I thought I’d just update progress on the surrendering young man (QUOTE)

HI Jason I don't often look at figures thread as not my cup of tea but I think your work of painting these figures is fanstastic an in my opinion the thread name hits the nail on the head BUT just me
chris

Reactions: JR
First Name
Jason
Many Thanks for that Chris, really good of you to say those things and I'm glad you chose to have a look.
I know Peter Day made a comment last week about how sometimes figures dont always get a look in compared to armor and other vehicles ( which is a real shame when you look at some of the superb figures Peter produces), but hopefully you will pop in again sometime in the future!
Thanks again
Jason.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jason superb figures I struggle to get a reasonable face but you manage to capture an expression as well.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Many Thanks for that Chris, really good of you to say those things and I'm glad you chose to have a look.
I know Peter Day made a comment last week about how sometimes figures dont always get a look in compared to armor and other vehicles ( which is a real shame when you look at some of the superb figures Peter produces), but hopefully you will pop in again sometime in the future!
Thanks again
Jason.
HI again Jason I most certainly will even if its just to put a like up as its opened my eyes to whats obtainable in a figures exspression's an you have certaintly done that very well done. An I must admit it was your thread title that made me look on your thread in the first place :thumb2:

chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Amazing work you have produced here Jason. A neighbour has one of those jeeps, 1:1 that is. Which actually went up the beach on D day !

First Name
Jason
Thanks Scottie...this third figure has been a struggle I have to admit...
Thanks Chris...you are welcome anytime!
Thanks Colin a friend of mine also has one he uses for re-enactments...sadly i will have to make do with a small scale version!
I’ve made a little progress with the third figure although the right eye has been re done a few times as I just can’t seem to get it how I want it!
F43FEFAB-7024-4E3E-8755-A8AAA9B5D115.jpeg
B228858C-C990-4941-A282-C8DBAF19DCD3.jpeg
I can see it being done again at this rate...anyway the stripes were fun!!!
Hopefully more later!
Thanks
Jason

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Lovely update Jason. I hope you get to grips with the eye. Is it the moulding or are you trying to get a specific look?

First Name
Jason
Thanks Steve... it’s a bit of both... usually Alpine are pretty good but I primed it with a dark spray and could barely see the eye afterwards...I’ve resorted to cleaning it up as there were several layers of paint on the right eye...anyway here’s the latest version in day light
4EC6EA40-F4FE-47C8-8063-B5DBB7E3DD4B.jpeg
I think that may have to do as it looks much bette in actual size.... probably getting ahead of myself but I also experimented with the layout as the eye position affect where the German can be and there’s limited space on the base.... so far this seems to be about right...
6BC9445C-E7F8-4B6C-AFE1-5D27A637C2C0.jpeg
Thanks for looking in..
Jason

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Jason those figures look spot on very realistic you are a true artist :thumb2:
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jason
Quality figures beautifully painted. Real skill to get such superb results at this scale.
Jim

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Running out of superlatives Jason. It's jaw dropping stuff