Three 120mm Vignettes for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Hello the Steves. We'll have a bit of male bonding here only if he can drag himself away from his girlfriend....

That's the donkey work done on this one:

100_2398.JPG100_2399.JPG100_2400 (2).JPG100_2397.JPG

Like the last figure, this is proving fun to paint. The quality of the sculpt is superb, certainly up there with the best available.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Mr. Day,

All of your painting is intricate and fantastic to say the least. You are an artist and you never fail to come through with top quality work Sir. I must once again apologise for my lack of commenting here on your projects. It does appear that you are taking a little bit more time finishing a figure as before and I love following your work.

So now it seems that you want to be a Rock Star and maybe do the concert circuit. I can only say, please don't give up on your figure painting as it is world class and you won't get blisters on your fingers from it either. This group of figures are really looking good and I think you are having a blast with them. I will definitely try to mend the errors of my ways Sir!!! Rock Paint on Peter....

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for commenting Allen. I am having a blast with these figures, really enjoying the.

Guitar Heroes was a series done by the BBC. There are four in all, with the first being the most esoteric. My son has taught himself guitar in a little over a year and seems to have inherited my taste in music - he's currently going through a Peter Green phase.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
It appears you have raised the bar again, I don't know how but your figures just keep on getting better.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another super figure, with all the "drapery", the wrinkly look really does bring out your best work.

Great head too, looks like the scenario is getting filled up quickly Peter.

Have a good day, it looks like its going to be a hot week too

Keep your paint wet!

Regards

Steve H

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Peter
Keeping up the standard I see :thumb2:
Peter Green eh? The saddest of the 60s acid casualties in my opinion. However, he was the best of the British guitarists in most knowledgable people’s opinions.....when he gave the lemon drop to Garry Moore it was like Van Gough giving his brushes to a painter and decorator....

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks chaps. He's nearly finished.

Last night's Guitar Heroes omnibus was a real disappointment. They'd re-edited it, taken out all of the esoteric stuff and put in more populist material - loads of AC/DC and Motorhead (and Bowie and Paul Weller guitar heroes?), no Paco Pena, Davey Graham, John Martin etc. Still, there was Carlos Santana, Peter Green and Johnny Winter's brilliant rendition of 'Jumpin Jack Flash'. My son also went very quiet when Nils Lofgren did something clever (which I didn't understand).

As for Peter Green. I remember his recent response when asked about his introduction to the hard stuff by that mercurial German couple - ''Yeah, it was great. Really good!''. No regrets.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Peter
He might not have any regrets but I have....he had another twenty years of real creativity ahead of him, now he plays in a Peter Green tribute act where someone else plays his solos....
Him, Kossof and Barret, three great adverts for the anti drug message....amongst many others.....
Cheers
Tim

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

This one is finished:

100_2402.JPG100_2404.JPG100_2405.JPG100_2406.JPG

Not too much to do to finish him off - the mess tin, revolver and water bottle were already painted. I'll weather him up when I've decided on the final scheme.

One more to go......

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Well Sir you have done it again. Made brilliant even brillianter and superb even superber!!! :smiling:
Jim

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another super figure

Field grey has never been so well presented, they do all look chilled too, with a pale complexion, wearing all the thick quilting.

Looks like the week is going to be all it promised heat wise

Keep your palette wet.

Have a good day with the brushes after all the guitar disappointments

reards

Steve H

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter .
Thought the TV series was a let down, after the build up I was rather dismayed with the inclusion of Bowie and Weller, it ended in us turning it off ! I often find when I watch some of these early " Whistle Test " programs that the hype is greater than the music. !

I shall look fwd to seeing your snow, I have no doubt hat it will be suberb as is this latest offering .

I hope the house is back in order for Mrs Days return !!

John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve and John

There was an original Guitar Heroes series, which was superb. My guess is that the BBC are holding on to it for re-broadcast. Katherine wouldn't notice if the house was in order or not - she's the worst offender.

Looks like we'll all be battling the heat this next week....

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The Colt is a nice touch. Looks the rough customer. Like the finish on the harness especially. PaulE

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Paul. I didn't have a hand with a German pistol, but the Colt wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.

The first bit of painting on the last figure:

100_2408.JPG100_2409.JPG100_2410.JPG

Did I go with the kit head? Of course I didn't. I painted it, but he looked about 80, so I swapped it for this Dragon example. I'm glad I did, as the turned head adds a bit of animation and character to an otherwise fairly static figure. Too hot to carry on today.....

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wonderful mate.Really great face.I started watching guitar heroes but it was bit dissapointing.I did have some whistle test stuff recorded.Vinegar joe and Do you remember Brinsley Schwarz with Nick lowe singing?.Quite catchy pub rock.Lot of homage to The Band with this combo.
Keep cool if you can.
Richard

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
As usual.... your work is really stunning... the choice of your colors is always superb... THANK YOU Peter...