Tiger I Initial Production 1/48 Tamiya

A

Aurora

hello evryone, i was away for a while and couldnt finish my ferrari built. i had some hard times after holiday. my wife got tumor on her stomach and got operated. it was a big shock for both of us. i couldnt have time to work on modeling. i just did very small work untill last week. now everything is ok, tumor is not lethal, i am back for modeling.

previous friday i started to build this big boy and finished it in 1 week -this is my personal record- to get ready a local competition. competition was held this afternoon and i couldn't manege to won award :smiling3:

i learned a lot from other modellers and realised i have very long way to walk infront of me and there are a lot things to learn...

so here is the model, have fun

View attachment 118908

View attachment 118909

View attachment 118910

View attachment 118911

View attachment 118912

View attachment 118913

View attachment 118914

View attachment 118915

View attachment 118916

1_zpsnc84upn2.jpg

4_zpso70wtwjz.jpg

2_zps2cftydse.jpg

3_zpsoai8wk99.jpg

5_zpswjkgczf7.jpg

6_zpsyz42dguz.jpg

7_zpsh9qs3kxq.jpg

8_zpscuw67q6k.jpg

9_zps6fjcpey7.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Superb!

I like the chipping, dusty weathering!

On another note, good news about your wife, I hope she has a speedy recovery. :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That's a beaut Safak, great weathering and painting. Quality build.

Modelling is just a hobby, your wife comes first and I hope that all is well.

Si:smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Best wishes to your wife you tiger looks great cheers John

B

Bunkerbarge

I have to say that if you didn't win anything with that the others must have been of an extremely high standard! I think your weathering and chipping effects are very effective and overall the metallic surfaces look very realistic. Hopefully the ones that did win offered you some guidance as to what you can do that bit better and next time you are in with a chance. The only thing that stands out for me is the finish on the woodwork. That would be a very light colour as the wood would be untreated and well bleached and worn.

I'm happy to hear your wife is doing well, we have been in a similar position and it is a very difficult time. Thankfully she didn't have what we feared and everything was OK.

P

Polux

Wow! Is hard to believe is a 1/48 Tiger!! Looks great to me ;)

Good news to heard that your wife is ok!! My best wishes and a fast recovery!!

A

Aurora

thank you to all of your wishes for my wife, she is dealing with post operation effects. she has pain cant move freely. i make sure that she rests well and do all houseworks, fortunatelly i am used to do loundry,cleaning, cooking etc... :smiling3: thanks to good old university years ;)

also thank you for your compliments for my model. it is always good to share your work with people and get feedback. yeah the other models were superb. :smiling3:

Richard, i will note your comment for woodwork

D

dougie

I think you deserve more than an award after all that you have been through.

Your tank is excellent, don't worry that you didn't get a award, the judges apparently can be crazily anal and maybe your tank had a rivet missing from behind a wheel or something.

Great job, love the paintwork and the weathering

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Awesome and amazing spring to mind

Lee :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb build , do like the chipping, dusty weathering ;)

best wishers to your wife and hope she gets better soon,

Last edited by a moderator:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I would have thought that would have been a winner for sure.........It is exceptionally well finished....... I like it a lot. I am building a T90A and if it turns out half as good as your TIGER I will be very happy.

Glad to hear your wife is doing ok and There is nothing serious. Good news.

L

Laurie

Safak that is a very very nice dainty piece. Very nice paintwork and really superb effects. Not overdone just right.

I like the attention to detail with the tools and bits and pieces.

Finally very nice photography the detail is var clear indeed.

And really finally pleased to hear that all is well with your wife.

Laurie

A

Aurora

thank you to all of you, for compliments and good wishes.

dougie, yeh definately i forgot to put one bolt to exhaust cover :P

peter, no worry, you will do good. meng T-90A is my dream kit :rolleyes: it is so expensive here :sad:

D

dubster72

That's a very nice Tiger! The colour modulation is excellent!

Try a little bit of fine sponge chipping next time - the effect is more subtle, especially in smaller scales.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Safak

That's a very nice quarter scale Tiger. The chipping and general weathering is very well done and makes the model feel much bigger than it's 1/48 scale.

The panzer yellow looks a little green to me but this could be down to lighting conditions and is a very minor observation. Paint fades and wears in different ways and so colour is very subjective.

Looking forward to more of your work.

I'm glad to hear your wife is on the mend. That is great news

Cheers

Paul

A

Aurora

thank you guys

\ said:
Try a little bit of fine sponge chipping next time - the effect is more subtle, especially in smaller scales.
i tried to make chipping effect with sponge but couldnt done it correctly. i know i need more practice but didnt have time to build this kit. i did this chipping effect with a fine brush. it took something like 2 hours :smiling3: :smiling3: technic for crazy people :rolleyes:

\ said:
The panzer yellow looks a little green to me but this could be down to lighting conditions and is a very minor observation. Paint fades and wears in different ways and so colour is very subjective.
colour is not panzer yellow. this tiger number 731 is one of the first tigers sent to tunusia and their colours was green, well german green or something like that. i used tamiya olive green and dark yellow with 1:~1.2 ratio for base colour than incrased dark yellow ratio and added flat white with different ratios to make modulation. after modulation i used burnt umber, napels yellow and titanium white oil paints as filter for subtle blending( i guess i used correct word :smiling3: ) maybe it should be a little bit lighter, i am not so sure this is the correct green shade for this tiger

cheers

Safak

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Now you mention it, I do seem to remember mention of green tigers in Tunisia. I think there's some debate on the subject...

Found this on 'Fine Scale Modeller'...

"The Tigers of sPzAbt 501, which depolyed to Africa in late 1942, were camoflaged in Desert Brown (RAL8020). Dark Gray (RAL 7027) was authorized to be used as a second color in a disruptive camoflage pattern, but there is no evidence that sPzAbt 501 ever painted their vehicles in this manner.

In the more temperate climates of coastal Tunisia, many of the tanks of sPzAbt 501 were overpsprayed with Olive Green (RAL 7008) to enhance their camouflage...

It is not known if any Tigers went to N. Africa painted in Dark Yellow (RAL 7028, also known as Wehrmacht Olive), which was specified for use as an overall basecoat on all combat and front line support vehicles during 1943 (in March, according to the first reference)."

So your Tiger is perhaps spot on.

Anyway, great model and always good to discover a bit of info. By that I do mean that I learned something today! Having looked a bit more into the subject I think your rendition is excellent.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Doug Hughes

I'm so glad your wife is OK and on the road to recovery, Safak. I love your Tiger - for one that fought in Tunisia, it seems right that it's dusty and faded. You've certainly done your research!