Tim’s 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
While I wait for the correct paints to progress the Spitfire I thought I might as well get this on the bench…..yep, you’ve seen it all before by now, but here it comes……

9341DE99-BAC5-4AB2-AF9F-6A049AD26574.jpeg
Box top

8C89D526-6512-4F84-ADB3-4E19E00B89CD.jpeg
Sprue shots…..

1AA42543-7B74-42ED-BB65-D04440C7E97D.jpeg
Decals and instructions etc….

5D99BE65-EDF2-4551-AA16-8043B72DA8A9.jpeg
Aftermarket goodies…..probably won’t use the quick boost exhausts…going for a 617 dambuster squadron Mk VI fighter bomber pathfinder for this build….more black and white stripes…..

Starting on a forum near you soon…..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I'm in Tim. Front and centre please and with this current heat wave a nice cold one at hand.
Very welcome Jim, I’ll try to keep you awake……this has the most complex cockpit I’ve yet built, and that’s the bit I enjoy most, so looking forward to it….kit instructions start with the wings though, which is a bit weird.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ha!! I just  KNEW you wouldn't wait until the Spitfire was finished before you started this one ;)
"Chomping at the bit" comes to mind!!
I'm in of course.... And it's also the same one that I'm doing... So,by the time I get around to starting mine, everyone will be sick of em!! :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Ha!! I just  KNEW you wouldn't wait until the Spitfire was finished before you started this one ;)
I'm in of course.... And it's also the same one that I'm doing... So,by the time I get around to starting mine, everyone will be sick of em!! :smiling3:
Lack of paint made me do it Andy…..it was start this or do nothing….and I know that sometimes nothing is a real cool hand, but not for me.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
.........And swear jar at the ready too Tim???.....We'd love to hear your build, not just watch it come together..............
Not something I swear at really Allen. It’s just sticking plastic together and throwing paint at it.
If you want swearing you should have heard me trying to put up curtain poles a couple of days ago….RSJ lintel and no wood blocks to screw to equals total nightmare. Looks like “no more nails” to fit wooden rails before I can get the poles up….. :angry: :angry: :angry:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks good Tim. Now my 109s are nearing the home straight I hope to be starting mine soon.

ATB.

Andrew

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I know what you mean about the same sprue shots ! I've (literally) just started mine bur as we've all seen the sprues I shall just post initial build elements before disappearing to Perpignon for a couple of weeks! Oh, and I still haven't finished my Spitfire yet either!
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I know what you mean about the same sprue shots ! I've (literally) just started mine bur as we've all seen the sprues I shall just post initial build elements before disappearing to Perpignon for a couple of weeks! Oh, and I still haven't finished my Spitfire yet either!
Steve
Well that’s no good……take the spit with you. I mean, what else are you going to do there…

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well that’s no good……take the spit with you. I mean, what else are you going to do there…
Perhaps a leetle wine tasting, some fromage and pain beurre avec charcuterie, a visit to the patisserie , perhaps some splashing in the swimming pool and an occasional bbq; - otherwise I 'ave no idea 'ow to spend my time ... :cool: