spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
However......... I have a cunning plan.......... :D
......and I know what it is!

You are going to light your blow torch, point it at the door opening and burn out a bloody great hole...........Voila, no more door frame!

F

Fenlander

\ said:
......and I know what it is!
You are going to light your blow torch, point it at the door opening and burn out a bloody great hole...........Voila, no more door frame!
Bugger, been caught out :eek: :D

F

Fenlander

Guess what I am doing today :oops: Going to need lots of classical music and a coffee machine. 112 links per side, each link has four attacment points that is 896 cuts and clean ups......... See you in a weeks time ;)

image_3.jpe

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Love the camo work the beast is coming along nicely

F

Fenlander

\ said:
You'll have them done in no time:D
Yeh, right...... took me 4 hours but they are in sections and in the spray bootho_O

In the meantime, the Waff has been glossed, decaled (all two crosses) then re glossed over the decals. The barrel re sprayed as I have been told that they were a weird grey colour, not black. The mix I was given was Tamiya Dark Grey, a few drops of Tamiya Nato Black and a drop of Tamiya flat red. Well, I had the Nato black but none of the others so I have used Tamiya medium Grey, Nato black but a tad more and a drop of citadel Blood Red.

Bit of a disaster as I masked the recoil tube of the gun, the brass bit if you remember that far back, sprayed the barrel and removed the masking tape and the Yellow, and the primer, back to a brass tube.:eek: Not a good time to remember that I didn't clean the brass or sand it to key for the paint.......:mad:

"O dear" I said to myself. "What a todo....." Actually, it was a bit stronger that that but no probs, back into the spray booth and rectified.

Tracks are in sections for priming and the road wheels are attached. this is really starting to look the part now and shouldn't be long before the weathering can start.

Waffentrager-50.jpg

Waffentrager-51.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4539

It's alway's funny when someone else makes a mess of thing's:smiling3:.

At least you managed to sort the problem.

And all is looking good.

First Name
Robert
Graham you never need to pull yourself down when you make a boo boo as we know the skill level you have always makes it right.

I on the other hand make a boo boo and call it ( completed ) hope they don't see it ( Hahahahahaah )

This is looking very nice indeed and I do like the oxide factory colour makes the camo look that much clearer

Good luck in the weathering stage but we know it's just a walk in the park for you

Regards

Robert

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Graham you never need to pull yourself down when you make a boo boo as we know the skill level you have always makes it right.
I on the other hand make a boo boo and call it ( completed ) hope they don't see it ( Hahahahahaah )

This is looking very nice indeed and I do like the oxide factory colour makes the camo look that much clearer

Good luck in the weathering stage but we know it's just a walk in the park for you

Regards

Robert
Are we talking about the same Graham here Robert :eek: Nobody quits easier than me lol.

D

dubster72

That's coming along nicely Graham. I might nick your red oxide interior for my Flakpanzer

F

Fenlander

\ said:
That's coming along nicely Graham. I might nick your red oxide interior for my Flakpanzer
Oooo, Nick away Patrick. It adds a nice contrast doesn't it? :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real nice ,Graham,do like the dark brown over the dark yellow camo,and always like the

look of the German,red/brown primer, ;)

you will be fine with the links,once you get started,and fall into a pattern,it go,in no time, :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

\ said:
looking real nice ,Graham,do like the dark brown over the dark yellow camo,and always like the
look of the German,red/brown primer, ;)

you will be fine with the links,once you get started,and fall into a pattern,it go,in no time, :smiling3:
Cheers Monica. Yep, it is a case of settling into a rhythm and just taking them one at a time. I always hate starting them but once I get going, I quite enjoy it. They are all done now and in sections primed up and ready for painting. Once I have them on the vehicle the weathering starts.

Then I have three figures to paint and the building to assemble and paint for the base. All good fun :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
all sounds like fun,Graham,

I feel the same way to get started is the hard part,once doing it is relaxing to do,

as long as you don't get nagged lol, ;)

will look forward to seeing the rst as you get to it, ;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
Oooo, Nick away Patrick. It adds a nice contrast doesn't it? :smiling3:
It does indeed! Makes a change from just having it cream or Dunkelgelb on the inside.

Plus my Ostwind is a late war vehicle like your Waffentrager, so it's appropriate too - win win! :smiling3: