Trumpeter 1/35 Waffenträger 88mm PAK 43

F

Fenlander

spent many hours on this over the last two days for, what appears, not a lot. However, I have really moved it on. The tracks are done and fitted after base coating in 'Steel' paint. I will take them off again for final painting but they took ages to get to this stage. Everything has had another couple of coats of Klear ready for weathering and the gun breach is painted up.

The figures are started, don't hold your breath on them being in the final reveal but I do want them there. ;)

The MiniArt building is, er....... built. Just a bit of filler to go on the edges where I was not careful enough in cutting it out. other surface prep to be done then it will be in for primer. so, for an update, it doesn't look much but a lot has gone into it this weekend, Really pleased with it so far.

Waffentrager-52.jpg

Waffentrager-53.jpg

Waffentrager-54.jpg

D

Deleted member 4539

Great work on the tracks.

Also the building scale doesn't show so much now the wheels and tracks are on:smiling3:.

So all is looking good.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Great work on the tracks.
Also the building scale doesn't show so much now the wheels and tracks are on:smiling3:.

So all is looking good.
Cheers Ralph. Notice I have cured the face painting issue, I just leave their heads off........ result........:oops:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking great ,Graham, the tracks look like they turn out alright, ;)

the whole thing is looking good liking it a lot,

nice start with the figures,as well,agree with Ralph,with the scale size as well, :D

F

Fenlander

\ said:
looking great ,Graham, the tracks look like they turn out alright, ;)
the whole thing is looking good liking it a lot,

nice start with the figures,as well,agree with Ralph,with the scale size as well, :D
Thanks Monica :smiling3:

First Name
Robert
This is looking very promising now Graham, the soldiers look very well painted indeed and those tracks look really good too. I am really liking this and the dio building looks really well built too, as always there's so much going on

Like tour approach to the head issue!! :D :D:D:D

Regards

Robert

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Looking well sweet. Gonna mud her up?
Not mud as such John. She has just come from the factory to help in the final days of the defence of Berlin. This is the calm before the storm. They have a dozen or so rounds and are listening for the advancing Russian tanks. It's a case of whacking off what rounds they have and then leg it to the rear. If they last that long..,,,, so No, mainly dust and a bit of chipping but it would not have been out long enough for heavy weathering.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Not mud as such John. She has just come from the factory to help in the final days of the defence of Berlin. This is the calm before the storm. They have a dozen or so rounds and are listening for the advancing Russian tanks. It's a case of whacking off what rounds they have and then leg it to the rear. If they last that long..,,,, so No, mainly dust and a bit of chipping but it would not have been out long enough for heavy weathering.
Ah, interesting! I'm in the process of dirtying my Tiger up at the moment, and using almost exclusively pigments. Again, the tank won't have been old at the time, so no chipping , just dirt and scuffs with a little bit of streaking!

Great build though, looks like it was a good kit.

F

Fenlander

Bit more progress. The Waf is 'dirtied up' no rust as it is too new but there is a lot of heavy dust falling from the buildings which is not doing the factory finish much good at all..... Tracks are finished and in place waiting for a wash for a bit of highlighting on the tread tops. Figures are.... perhaps less said the better....

The building has been primed in black Stynylrez and ready for some delicate airbrush blocking in. but, except for a few little bits, the Waf is as good as finished.

Apart from weathering the wheels as I have just noticed....:mad:

Waffentrager-55.jpg

Waffentrager-56.jpg

Waffentrager-57.jpg

A

american

\ said:
Guess what I am doing today :oops: Going to need lots of classical music and a coffee machine. 112 links per side, each link has four attacment points that is 896 cuts and clean ups......... See you in a weeks time ;)
View attachment 149023
I hate this part!

A

american

This is going to be a first class dio! I love it I can't wait to see it at the end!

First Name
Robert
this is really going well Graham, I'm really liking this more and more

Regards

Robert

First Name
Robert
I think the comment the Germans are saying ( listen up Monica ) "where ist damn cat"

Maybe in the barrel?

Hahahahaha

Robert

D

Deleted member 4539

Very nice weathering on the Waff,so very subtle,just as you wanted;).

What is in the bottle marked poison?

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Very nice weathering on the Waff,so very subtle,just as you wanted;).
What is in the bottle marked poison?
Poison............

Sorry, couldn't resist. Yep, as Patrick said, it is the Tamiya White Top cement. The other side says 'No Fire'