Tworrs 1/72 Airfix Lancaster B.III (Special) The Dambusters

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
A reasonably pleasant build, with only a couple of fit issue, which were quite easily solved.
I made an attempt at brush painting, which I have to say was not as good as I would have liked, so to the future it's back to the airbrush
Overall the end result is acceptable to me and, I suppose that's what really counts.
Thanks to all that followed, offered advice and encouragement.
Garry

IMG_1384.jpeg
IMG_1385.jpeg
IMG_1386.jpeg
IMG_1387.jpeg

Last edited:

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Tim, I'm sorry but I don't know what that refers to, was it a TV show or something?
The bomber command boss was referred to as Bomber Harris as it was his last name. The house REMOVERS a play on words. The bombers did not move houses, they removed them.
A very nice build Garry. I really must build a bomber one day.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Very nice build indeed Garry.

One little thing if i may. The exhaust stain on the most outer part of both wings should only go under the wing and not over it too. This is due to the camber of the wing. But please don't let my comment detract from your build. It's yours and you can do whatever you like. As long as you enjoy it. That is ALL that matters

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
The bomber command boss was referred to as Bomber Harris as it was his last name. The house REMOVERS a play on words. The bombers did not move houses, they removed them.
A very nice build Garry. I really must build a bomber one day.
Thanks Ian, now I understand :smiling2:
Great result Garry.
Operationally dirty. Right up my street!

Nice one. :thumb2:

Ron
Very kind of you to say Ron
Nice to see a Lancaster. Good work Garry.
Thank you Colin
That looks good to me Garry.
Thanks Jim

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Gary congratulations, you've got
View attachment 509661

Nice, and used looking.
Very kind of the committee thank you
Very nice build indeed Garry.

One little thing if i may. The exhaust stain on the most outer part of both wings should only go under the wing and not over it too. This is due to the camber of the wing. But please don't let my comment detract from your build. It's yours and you can do whatever you like. As long as you enjoy it. That is ALL that matters
Thanks Alan and duly noted
Great to see and worthy of all the plaudits....
Thank you Mike
That is a very nice build indeed - that's certainly a very acceptable brush painted finish. If you don't mind me asking, what were the problems you had?
Thanks Arnold the only real problems were the fit of the fuselage around the inner floor, and the wing roots were splayed, both were overcome quite easily though.
Garry, that's a cracker mate.
Thank you Paul.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Hi Garry, sorry, I actually meant what was it about the brushed paint finish that you weren't happy with - but thanks muchly for the notes on the fit, I'll keep that filed away for when I build one.