Universal carrier-forgotten relic. Link to finished model on first post.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yeah, home wood stretch, was toying with the idea of adding some olive drab in places but not sure.Si:smiling3:
Yup you could but not too much :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yeah, problem is just getting that balance right. May have a little play.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
While still on with Dunkirk dio I have taken time out to do a little vignette entitled: 'FORGOTTEN RELIC'. This is a 1/35 Universal Carrier, battle damaged, stripped of hardware and just left in a field, it has been forgotten about for many decades and is just one rusty lump. It will housed on a board and various grasses etc growing around and in it.A couple of early pictures showing model made up and rusting starting, as you can see there are still some bits to do but I wanted to try some various rust pigments and blends, needs some washes etc. The tracks are being painted and weathered and then added.

Just a thought, if it had been stripped wouldn't they have taken the tracks as well

Gregg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Just a thought, if it had been stripped wouldn't they have taken the tracks as wellGregg
Bit late now Gregg !lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Just a thought, if it had been stripped wouldn't they have taken the tracks as wellGregg
They have taken one set of tracks, maybe they came under fire or were in a hurry so just left the other track on.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Another superb build & weathering from you Si :smiling3: Gregg
Why thank you Gregg, it is slowly getting there. Glad you like it.

C

cryton 5

:smiling3: ;)hi just too add ,so realistic ,and i know how painstaking it is too get that ,so hat's off

caprtain tweety here ,working on russian tank at moment more pic's coming phone playing up .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
top notch work, Si, some one gave her a good kicking :confused:, do real like the rust, you are useing look so life like,

the way you blended the green in the seats looks spot on

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
:smiling3: ;)hi just too add ,so realistic ,and i know how painstaking it is too get that ,so hat's offcaprtain tweety here ,working on russian tank at moment more pic's coming phone playing up .
Thanks James, it was slow going, not helped by the brown mess created by the varnish-hence setting too and re-doing it (use pigment fixer now). I hope you get some piccies up of your tank?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
outstanding work yet again from the rusty relic that is si !
The rusty relic that is Si...is that a compliment? ;) Saying that my wife probably would agree with you.

Glad you like it Rob, ta for dropping by.

P

Polux

Wow!! Very nice effect Si!!!

Arrfffhhh.....another one I have losed, need to update all the threads :mad:

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
top notch work, Si, some one gave her a good kicking :confused:, do real like the rust, you are useing look so life like,the way you blended the green in the seats looks spot on
Thank you Moni. I was worried about the seats and how they would look but, having found an old picture of a leather seat from a rusting car that was open to the elements, it looked sort of like what I created, so happy with that. Glad you like it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Wow!! Very nice effect Si!!!Arrfffhhh.....another one I have losed, need to update all the threads :mad:

Polux
Not to worry Polux, I am still trawling through threads and have come across some I have missed. Glad you found it and like it, many thanks.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Bloody WOW and outstaning work eddie that is remarkable.scott
Cheers Scott, enjoyed working on this, was one of my faves to be honest. Thanks for stopping by and the great comment, appreciate it.