• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Been quietly watching from the back did you freehand brush the iron tyres
Also I know it's been said but your wood grain is absolutely stunning

Roger
Thanks for the lovely comments Roger:smiling3:.

I did freehand paint the tyres,although in the pic it shows them before polishing.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Looking good there Ralph, all that metalwork with wood. ( this is stunning work )
Regards

Robert
Thank you as always for the nice comment Robert:smiling3:.

First Name
Robert
Just looked on this Ralph and this is just too much.. Really your skill is fantastic. Was that a metal plate rim you put round the wheel or was it paintwork and polish?

Thinking on aswell were these cannons not originally designed for ships? ( just looking at the rope tie straps on the base?

Robert

D

dubster72

That's looking really great Ralph, the shading on the metalwork has tied it into the wooden effect very nicely.

I do like the Humbrol Metalcoat range, although try the Mr Color range. They're even better!

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
I'm actually sat with my gob open those tyres are real metal :smiling3: didn't know you could get paint to polish and look that good
Roger
Thank you so much Roger:smiling3:.

The Humbrol Metal Cote range was released in the 1990's and was designed to be polishable and is great stuff when used correctly.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Just looked on this Ralph and this is just too much.. Really your skill is fantastic. Was that a metal plate rim you put round the wheel or was it paintwork and polish?
Thinking on aswell were these cannons not originally designed for ships? ( just looking at the rope tie straps on the base?

Robert
Thanks for the nice comments Robert:smiling3:.

Humbrol Metal Cote,designed to be polishable.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
That's looking really great Ralph, the shading on the metalwork has tied it into the wooden effect very nicely.
I do like the Humbrol Metalcoat range, although try the Mr Color range. They're even better!
Thanks for the kind words Patrick:smiling3:.

Is Mr Colour Enamel?

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Thanks for the kind words Patrick:smiling3:.
Is Mr Colour Enamel?
I believe Mr Colour is enamel, Mr Hobby is the acrylic no doubt I will be proved wrong again :P

First Name
Robert
Ohhh that's pretty!!!

Did you make all the scuff marks in the barrel as they look so authentic and this is really well painted too.

Will you polish this too?

Cheers

Robert

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Ohhh that's pretty!!!
Did you make all the scuff marks in the barrel as they look so authentic and this is really well painted too.

Will you polish this too?

Cheers

Robert
Thanks for the nice comments Robert. :smiling3:

The scuff marks were already on.

I won't be polishing it.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
This is just simply jaw dropping.
Truly stunning work.

The metal and wood looks so real.

I can't believe it's a model.

Amazing
Thank you so much for the kind words Stu:smiling3:.

D

Deleted member 4539

Today I have added the barrel and made the securing pins to fix the barrel in place.

Still a few bit's to paint.

And yes the barrel in the pics looks like it is at a stupid angle but all will be well when the wheels are on and placed on the base.

DSCF2578.JPG

DSCF2579.JPG

DSCF2582.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Can't get over that wood effect. The whole thing is looking great, love the chains. Did they come with the kit?
Thanks Graham for the kind words. :smiling3:

The chains came with the kit,and I'm still trying to work out where they went exactly.

I have looked at a lot of pics and watched video's on youtube and I don't think there was a definitive set pattern.