US Civil War 12 pounder Gun.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
G

Graham D

Looks really good. As others have said the wood effect is excellent. I've been using metalcote paint for years, and it is very good.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Looks really good. As others have said the wood effect is excellent. I've been using metalcote paint for years, and it is very good.
Thanks for the kind words Graham:smiling3:.

First Name
Robert
This now put together looks so good Ralph, really it is a work of art. I have studied the pics on the carriage and the wheels and I just can't get over how good the wood effect is. I even said to my wife come and see this and she was gobsmacked when I said it was a kit. Her words this man sure knows his stuff..... You Bertie have a long ways to getting that good!

Now how's that for praise..... o_O

Regards

Robert

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
...sorry I'm late :oops:

Ralph this is truly amazing work, I'm just trying to work out how you scaled the carriage and wheels down...very life like and realistic

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
This now put together looks so good Ralph, really it is a work of art. I have studied the pics on the carriage and the wheels and I just can't get over how good the wood effect is. I even said to my wife come and see this and she was gobsmacked when I said it was a kit. Her words this man sure knows his stuff..... You Bertie have a long ways to getting that good!
Now how's that for praise..... o_O

Regards

Robert
Thanks so much to you and your wife for the wonderful comments. :smiling3:

To this day I still find it hard to respond when people make such nice comments about my work.

I think to myself, It is just something I love to do(as you do also?).

I'm just lost for words.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
...sorry I'm late :oops:
Ralph this is truly amazing work, I'm just trying to work out how you scaled the carriage and wheels down...very life like and realistic

Lee :smiling3:
Thanks for the lovely comments Lee:smiling3:.

Scaled down:D,I took pics off Google and photoshopped them;).