Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Top marks on the face and eyes Peter.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Cheers matey.

John - I've just seen someone on the TV who looks just like him.

Andy - Thanks. Bit of an unusual sculpt, but with loads of character.

• Wow
Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Well into the blue and more to come today.

It suits the weather, damned cold still and always wet!

Looks like we are well into Autumn.

Enjoy the blue and have a fun day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Yes, the blue trousers and black boots, then a bit of weathering. Cold and sunny here - good painting light.

D

Deleted member 6559

The main part of the figure is now done:

100_8444.JPG100_8445.JPG

I've put him on a base at this stage, as the weathering looked to stark at first and I wanted to see if it would bed him into his environment.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Damn it:flushed: your good Peter, nice base as well .

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph and John - Many thanks.

I've also added the water flask and cartridge box:

100_8446.JPG100_8447.JPG

The awkward join of the water flask strap will be hidden by the backpack.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter

Very nice job. I particularly like the trousers where you have combined regular lighting with a very effective zenithal effect. ( that is highlights at the top and darkening as you go down)

John

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - I had a wonderful time with my granddaughter; it really gave me a boost after all of the ill health I've had recently. I could do with seeing her more often. Glad you like our man here.

John - Thank you. I've been experimenting with zenithal lighting quite a lot recently. Hard to get the hang of as you have to be quite bold with the shading. Still lots to learn.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you pushing your boundaries with the shading and lighting work. It certainly improves the 3D look.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looking good and you can see how your figure has developed from the early one.

The blue base cant be compared with the white but looking at the other elements there is a smoother finish with your heads, which is more realistic and less stylised.

Your attic must be an awesome stash of figures, the display cabinet has to be top notch with this years work.

I have to say Peter it hard to pick what I like best, the brighter earlier pieces or the WWII ones, they are all so good.

Looks like a wet spell for 24 hour, so the light will probably be tough to work with?

Good job its the accessories now, then back to victim selection, yet again.

Have a good day with the paints and poor light

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Stevie J - I find that it's all about tiny steps forward with boundaries, and not a few backwards.

Steve H - Very many thanks for your kind words. I, of course, can't look into the cabinet objectively, instead going straight to the faults and wondering how I should have done things differently. I find that it's always the little areas that I couldn't get right that ruin the whole figure.
As to faces, I have been struggling with 1/16 - 120mm lately. This has been partly due to having to adjust to the smaller scale after working on so many busts, partly due to poorer eyesight, and partly forgetting that it's so damn difficult. That said, working on busts has helped improve my faces to some extent, and I've also realised that at 1/16 you can afford to think of the face as much more a part of the whole, and that equal attention can be paid to the rest of the figure with positive results.

Should get this one finished today. It nearly hit the bin after I'd weathered the trousers and boots - that's why I put him on the base, to see if it helped blend him with the scenery. Fortunately, I think it did.

As to the chaps in the attic, I find that once they are expelled from the cabinet they just become lumps of plastic again and are either recycled or dumped.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Peter

Again a great job.

I actually found myself sitting here shaking my head as I looked at the pictures in a mix of admiration and disbelief (and jealousy!) at the quality of what you've achieved!

An excellent job all round.

ATB

Andrew

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Andrew - You're too kind!

Steve - Cheers.

I've managed to finish him

100_8449.JPG100_8450.JPG100_8451.JPG100_8453.JPG100_8454.JPG

Lots of fiddly work on the equipment, and straps to make and fit for the backpack. The carpet monster got the original sword loop and tassel, so I used a Miniart spare. A real struggle against appalling light today, and not helped by running out of glue (managed to find some dregs at the bottom of an old bottle). Blimey.