Verlinden 200mm Panzergrenadier Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

An early start today to beat the heat and the front of the smock is done:

100_7995.JPG100_7996.JPG

The colours used for the camouflage were Vallejo German Uniform and Saddle Brown, with the lighter green being a mix of the German Uniform and Japanese Uniform. All were shaded with German Camo Black Brown and Off White. I've found that the only way to shade camo properly is to work on each individual patch separately, something that's a lot easier with a broader pattern as here.

Too hot now to continue.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

I'll bet the Shepherd's hut was a little more of a sauna than was comfortable last night?

Lovely work on the camo and such delicate weathering too.

The drapery must have been a real pain to work around, and it has masked the usual block Italian camo pattern.

It certainly looks good.

Enjoy the summer break.

Regards

Steve H

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice attention to detail on the helmet and teeth. Lovely work on the smock also

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Just got back from Romney Marsh, actually quite refreshed. The hut was hot at night, but manageable with all of the windows open. We were actually slap bang in the middle of a field of sheep, which was good fun.

Painting the camo on this hasn't been too bad so far, precisely because the pattern is so broken - you don't have to worry so much about getting it right.

Neil - Thanks. At least he's got better teeth than mine.

Stevie J - Thank you. A way to go yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

All refreshed for the onslaught, and more Italian camo.

Its seems we are expecting thunderstorms and more heat, Oh joy!

Hopefully not to overwhelming for a day with the paints

Have fun

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

This heat is killing my mojo to the extent that I don't think I can paint at the moment. The threatened thunderstorms have not materialised and the heat keeps rising. It's so dry here in the South East that it looks like Arizona - all the grass is burnt to a crisp.

D

Deleted member 6559

I'm calling this one done:

100_8002.JPG100_8003.JPG100_8004.JPG100_8001.JPG

It clouded over and we had some rain this morning, so I decided to take advantage of the slightly fresher weather and get on with this. The last stage involved painting the back and adding the knife handle. I decided against the ammo as I just couldn't be bothered, and anyway I probably wouldn't have made a very good job of it. Instead I dug out the mess tin from the spares box to add the extra interest.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter, I love the expression on his face. Cold and miserable and just wants to go home . Exceptional.
John.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The usual splendid work a la Pierre.Love the subtle tones and again your painting brings a golden oldie bust to life.
Pip pip onk onk.
Rich (Makka Pakka The stone man)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter
Your brush work is simply breathtaking. Beautiful shading, truly a fantastic job. The work on the camouflage smock, flesh tones, steel helmet - everything is so very well done.
Cheers
Paul

D

Deleted member 6559

Neal - Many thanks (he's still got those teeth though!).

John - Yes, he's queuing in the snow for a mouthful of watery soup and thinking of home.

Richard - He's a golden oldie alright, but always worth returning to. Not too much of 'Night Garden' now or you'll stay like that. My granddaughter has the Ninky Nonk train and we're frequently regaled by the voice of one of the country's finest actors singing the Iggle Piggle song when it's left turned on - ''Yes, my name is Igglepiggle, Igglpiggle, niggle, wiggle, diggle'' - oh Sir Derek, has it come to this?

Paul - Very kind words indeed. Thank you.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It's those eyes , brilliant work Peter.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Neal - Many thanks (he's still got those teeth though!).

John - Yes, he's queuing in the snow for a mouthful of watery soup and thinking of home.

Richard - He's a golden oldie alright, but always worth returning to. Not too much of 'Night Garden' now or you'll stay like that. My granddaughter has the Ninky Nonk train and we're frequently regaled by the voice of one of the country's finest actors singing the Iggle Piggle song when it's left turned on - ''Yes, my name is Igglepiggle, Igglpiggle, niggle, wiggle, diggle'' - oh Sir Derek, has it come to this?

Paul - Very kind words indeed. Thank you.
Hehe.Well our old beach hut had a large vinyl decal of Igglepiggle on the ceiling and we had welcome to the Night garden sign as well.My nickname for my wife is Igglepiggle,Plus ive got him tattooed on my right arm with Helen wrote above and Diggle below!!,Yep ive lost the plot totally.When my wife had an operation i bought her a talking Igglepiggle and when you squeeze him you get" Yes my name is Igglepiggle etc!!!,We watch some of the episodes and Igglepiggles Tiddle ones a classic.
Mad times here in Essex.
Makka Pakka.

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Many thanks

Makka Pakka - Yep, you've lost it. My favourite is 'Hey Duggee' - sheer brilliance, and I urge everyone to check out the Stick Song (or full episode) on BBC I-Player. 'Sarah and Duck' is a close second, being quite mad.

• Wow
Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Got in just in time to see the finish Peter. You've done justice to the Verlinden figure and so much better than the box art that made me think was there an all black regiment in the German army?
At least the dental work on yours isn't that obvious. Splendid work. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Many thanks. The box art is a bit odd to be sure. I can see what the sculptor was trying to do with the face even if he didn't quite achieve it.