Verlinden 200mm Swiss Grenadier Officer

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like this Al, you have done it more justice than I ever could, nice work.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superb Job Alan ....... I like that a whole lot. Give yourself a cigar for that one.

Peter

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm glad you like :smiling3:

I still need to practice but I'm reacher pleased with it and it looks much better from a distance :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Mate, sweet bust nice shadows on the face and wonderful colors on the tunic. The pipe adds a lot of character. Top job.

First Name
Robert
Very good job, love the shades and you defo brought this figure to life

Well done

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Superb Job Alan .you have done a wonderful painting job on him,the colors on the tunic,and coat

look great with the shading and shadows,

do real like the age look to the brass,

nice work with his face as well nice tones and shading done,cool with the pipe as well,

and real like how you did not paint in white teeth,well done, :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks folks I really appreciate the comments :smiling3:

\ said:
Superb Job Alan .you have done a wonderful painting job on him,the colors on the tunic,and coat
look great with the shading and shadows,

do real like the age look to the brass,

nice work with his face as well nice tones and shading done,cool with the pipe as well,

and real like how you did not paint in white teeth,well done, :D
moni I figured the would have been around the late 18th century so I figured tooth past wasn't that common no mater how many perly whites you see in the moves :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol,just so glad you did not do it and wreak it all,by pearl whites, :D

\ said:
Thanks folks I really appreciate the comments :smiling3:
moni I figured the would have been around the late 18th century so I figured tooth past wasn't that common no mater how many perly whites you see in the moves :D

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looks great Alan you've inspired me to get a nice bust I'll keep looking until I find the one that suits look forward to your next one mate

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks great Alan you've inspired me to get a nice bust I'll keep looking until I find the one that suits look forward to your next one mate
Cheers John I appreciate that :smiling3: ive got a 1/16 dragon figure of a German trooper in winter gear but I'm saving that until ive got a bit more practice in :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Cheers John I appreciate that :smiling3: ive got a 1/16 dragon figure of a German trooper in winter gear but I'm saving that until ive got a bit more practice in :smiling3:
I agree mate all I did was buy 1/16 figures to practice on you can get them from £7 and upwards on ebay I've completed about 18 of them now and they are lined up on a shelf earliest to latest and I can physically see the signs of improvement from 1st to last and although some are better than others I enjoyed doing all of them. I did contemplate going back to the earlier ones to make them look better but I decided I liked them just as they are and they are a point of reference from were I started. anyways keep them coming mate as I love looking at a nice figure cheers John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I agree mate all I did was buy 1/16 figures to practice on you can get them from £7 and upwards on ebay I've completed about 18 of them now and they are lined up on a shelf earliest to latest and I can physically see the signs of improvement from 1st to last and although some are better than others I enjoyed doing all of them. I did contemplate going back to the earlier ones to make them look better but I decided I liked them just as they are and they are a point of reference from were I started. anyways keep them coming mate as I love looking at a nice figure cheers John
This is what I do , I also like to look at the previous one to see where I went wrong or to see how I can improve it

I've always wanted to build large scale figure but been put off due to the faces, I find doing is better than reading or watching :smiling3: