Verlinden 200mm Swiss Grenadier Officer

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Alt

\ said:
This is what I do , I also like to look at the previous one to see where I went wrong or to see how I can improve it
I've always wanted to build large scale figure but been put off due to the faces, I find doing is better than reading or watching :smiling3:
although I agree that doing is better than reading and watching and you can't beat hands on experience I have to say that watching a tutorial or help and guidance from a book can be of enormous help as it points you in the direction of why when and how to do something I have used both for various subjects not just modelling and found them all to be invaluable.With practice it's your technique that improves and your understanding of how to do things but all this can be speeded up by watching a DVD or reading a book for half n hour or a tutorial on you tube at the end of the day Knowledge Is Power as they say.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top job Al'

Seeing your great paintwork has made me want to have another go. I did the Tamiya 1/16 machine gunner a while back, and your excellent model has given me the inspiration to try another 'big' figure.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alt
although I agree that doing is better than reading and watching and you can't beat hands on experience I have to say that watching a tutorial or help and guidance from a book can be of enormous help as it points you in the direction of why when and how to do something I have used both for various subjects not just modelling and found them all to be invaluable.With practice it's your technique that improves and your understanding of how to do things but all this can be speeded up by watching a DVD or reading a book for half n hour or a tutorial on you tube at the end of the day Knowledge Is Power as they say.
Although it's good to read a tutorial or watch a DVD I find it difficult to get to grips with it as I'm dyslexic so it's hard to follow and watching DVDs only works when I can follow it while working on the project while I watch and modelling is banned from the living room so I take a trial and error approach to building :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Top job Al'
Seeing your great paintwork has made me want to have another go. I did the Tamiya 1/16 machine gunner a while back, and your excellent model has given me the inspiration to try another 'big' figure.
I'd like to see that Ron I might pick up a few tips :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely done Alan, what Aaron said covers my thoughts on the figure. You certainly have done it justice.

P

Paul P

Top job Alan your work is very tidy and I like the metal work, given it an aged look

P

Polux

What?? Sorry mate...I missed this one :sad:

Lovely figure! I like the paintwork ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate the kind coments :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I've got a couple of 1/16 figure to ruin I mean do :D a German machine gunner in winter gear and a praetorian guard from the 11th century:smiling3: I might do one of those next :smiling3: