What a soggy day!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Is clear asatate cheap and easy to find tho? As I said I'm a bit of a
buy it from a model shop an about a quid or so a A4 SIZE SHEET
BUT ASK some of the others as im sure they will be able to really help you as im really into ships but i used light green acetate on my ships bridge windows an they look ok look on my hms tiger build
chris b

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Greetings Rob! It's been a while since I dwelt in the marble halls of Pompey, Gosport, Havant and associated areas - but I still hold some fond memories of pubs, clubs and (the occasional) cafes! Interesting debut!
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
"Needle gun"... Classic track:smiling3:
Someone tell Ron Glass ;)
Andy
That’s from the later Brock on his own years Grrrr! Classic Hawkwind is from the Levitation album backwards …… Space ritual it ain’t! Bit of a Hawkwind nut myself to be honest.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
All that, and I forgot to say wotcher! Welcome to the site Rob. Talking of your sharabang, You weren’t one of the guys living up the drove behind Odstock near Salisbury were you?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Rob, very imaginative build and looking good.
For your question on clear acetate, I'm on the other side of the world so acquiring that item may be different from where you're from. There's a license plate shop that has discarded sheets that I can get some. Art shops are another...old CD cases are another source and if you're into scrounging vacuum packing on products can be a source too but attaching them will need othe types of glues.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome Rob. A nice little introduction and something very different.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

ATB.

Andrew

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
All that, and I forgot to say wotcher! Welcome to the site Rob. Talking of your sharabang, You weren’t one of the guys living up the drove behind Odstock near Salisbury were you?
Hello Tim,
I'll ave to dig out the ol' master's of the universe from the attic now , as for Salisbury I wasn't there but would work seasonly round Holland, Belgium, Germany then back to blighty for festival season. Was that a haunt of yours?.
Rob

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Welcome from me too Rob.
Join in and have fun - But I see you already are. Nice one.

You should slot in nicely with all us misfits and general dregs of society that reside on this forum. One or two humans here as well! ;)

Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hello Tim,
I'll ave to dig out the ol' master's of the universe from the attic now , as for Salisbury I wasn't there but would work seasonly round Holland, Belgium, Germany then back to blighty for festival season. Was that a haunt of yours?.
Rob
Not a haunt of mine, but I knew an artist who moved up there to live. He now sells paintings of the period on Facebook. What with that, and the annual Stonehenge festival, there was quite a lot of counterculture around the area. It was always a pretty good place for musicians as well. Funnily enough, where I live now is about twenty minutes from worthy farm, the site of the Glastonbury festival.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome from me too Rob.
Join in and have fun - But I see you already are. Nice one.

You should slot in nicely with all us misfits and general dregs of society that reside on this forum. One or two humans here as well! ;)

Ron
Who are they? Come on Ron, we want names LOL.

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Hi Rob, very imaginative build and looking good.
For your question on clear acetate, I'm on the other side of the world so acquiring that item may be different from where you're from. There's a license plate shop that has discarded sheets that I can get some. Art shops are another...old CD cases are another source and if you're into scrounging vacuum packing on products can be a source too but attaching them will need othe types of glues.

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard ✌️ Rob.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow! Thanks for the heads up guys, formidable looks Matron indeedee!

Cheers Richard ✌️ Rob.
Hey there Rob, Welcome buddy. All that business about Matron, she's not the one to watch out for, it's Pyro. Er..... I don't want to name Names , but his name rhymes with "John Race". Just sayin'.

• Love
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to you Rob.......From the good old USA....Been to Portsmouth and a lovely little town it is!! There was these two "Birds" :tongue-out3: and well........that was 50 years ago, I was in the Navy and my mates and I had a lot of fun while visiting your fair Country. Glad you're on the forum and I hope to see more of your talents in the future. Evergreen Styrene comes in clear sheets of various different thicknesses from .005 of an inch on up. Readily available in hobby shops the world over. ;) Rick H.

Reactions: JR