What Next? You may decide!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whilst watching the varnish dry on my Fokker D.VII decals, I've been thinking on what will fill my bench next - I say fill, because I've narrowed it down to three of the larger 1/35 models in the stash
In no particular order
HB Nagmachon II.jpg
Modified Centurion ( Shot ) chassis observation post - a lot of slat armour around the tower

panda tor.jpg
Vertical launch Missile system - has a big radar scanner on top ( picture is deceiving! ). I haven't a good track record with Panda, I haven't managed to finish one yet..............................

zvezda pantsir.jpg

Meng, Tiger Models & Trumpeter have models of this in 1/35, but the Zvezda is the latest tooling ( and cheapest ).

Please feel free to express your choice - I'll close this on 21:00 Saturday 7th November.......................
Dave

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
I'm liking the look of that Zveda truck, though it could just be because I've been struggling with a set of tracks lately.....

Nick

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
A tough one Dave. I really like the Panda 9K330 TOR as it is an interesting beast. You also get a "workable truck include" too. I wonder if it's a pick up truck or maybe a van?

If not, then go with the SA-22 Greyhound. It looks like a cool beast too....

I built the HB "Nagmatron" without the doghouse. The kit's ok, but the indy tracks are (insert bad word here) _ _ _ _........

Prost
Allen

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I built the HB "Nagmatron" without the doghouse. The kit's ok, but the indy tracks are (insert bad word here) _ _ _
The tracks look OK to me - you don't need a magnifying glass to see them! I managed with the HobbyBoss ASU-57.........................
DSCF0852.JPG
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
For me Dave, it was the fit of the links into each other. The removal and clean up from the sprues was very time consuming with the 3 large attachment points, but ok. It was fitting them together that took even longer than the removal. The insides of both link ends had to be cleaned so they would fit into one another. The kit itself was very detailed and the separate tires for the road wheels made painting them easy too...

Prost
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I built the HB "Nagmatron" without the doghouse. The kit's ok, but the indy tracks are (insert bad word here) _ _ _ _........
AFV Club sell separate-link Centurion tracks that go together quite well, and else I have several sets of their soft, single-piece tracks spare that could go to a good home :smiling3:

Oh, and my vote is for the Nagmachon.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just looking for a parts count -
The Zvezda Pantsir/Greyhound has 677 parts
The HobbyBoss Nagmachon has 870 parts
The Panda TOR, I can't find any count, but given that each track link has 4 parts, I would think that it's pretty comparable! - Which causes a bit of confusion - the instructions show a link with a separate guide horn - what is actually in the box is a track link, a track pad & two track pins. ( Add to this, the later boxings had white metal track links! )
Dave

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I like the Greyhound Dave, something a bit different :thumb2:
Steven

First Name
Andy
I would also go for the Greyhound as I like Zvezda kits and Panda stuff has a bad rep, don't know how bad they are and have no need to find out.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Dave i think the panda which looks very instreting :thumb2:
chrs

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
My vote is for the IDF Doghouse, reminds me of police stations during the troubles.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
SA-22 for me purely for the winter scheme (and possible dio) :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Votes to date: