What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Found the Jeep station wagon. Looks like it took a tumble or was stepped on as front right wheel is destroyed & the front high-rail wheels and grille/headlight assy are missing.
100_2779.JPG
Two ConRail maint. High-Rail trucks under construction.
100_2780.JPG
C&Cs welcomed. PaulE

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Now where do i start

Tamiya Brummbar
Tamiya StuG B
Tamiya Pz 11
Tamiya StuG G
Tamiya Valentine
Tamiya StuH
Dragon StuG A
Dragon StuG A 2
Dragon StuG G late
Rather a lot:upside:
A poor excuse i know, some of the above have been waiting for over a year or longer, about the time my health issues started, leading to the joys of a diagnosis of ME. I will finish these, i hope lol

D

Deleted member 7181

I'm working on the cockpit of a Zvezda SU-57 in 1/48 and have fitted the 3d printed "decals" today. Made by Quinta Studio, I've heard lots of great reports and must say I'm very impressed. Instructions are spot on, referencing the kit part numbers where needed, exactly what detail needs trimming or shaving off, and a logical work order.

With 25 pieces just for the seat it took a while, but happy with the results. Pity most of it will be hidden!

P1020992.JPGP1020995.JPGP1020997.JPG

D

Deleted member 7181

Yeah, it's impressive kit Pete that certainly lives up to the hype.

It's quite soft too, so the seat cushions and belts have a spongy feel to them and conform to curves easily.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I like this idea.....
I don’t blog most of what I do because you would all soon get bored of me saying “then I painted this bit...”
View attachment 416736
Four games workshop ghost like creatures......first time I’ve painted anything in oils for about twenty years LOL....some of the transitions are a bit stark, but the overall effect is there. They were painted last weekend then left for a week to dry, and have now been Matt varnished so I can complete the base detail in acrylic.....that will be next weeks task......

View attachment 416737
Nest up, nearly finished four wild animals for Frostgrave. All they need is tuft dressing and snow. They are whitemetal from North Star and were painted while the ghosts dried.....

View attachment 416738
last up, some early days on five Warg scout riders for Oathmark (my next long term project). These are 28mm plastics again from North Star. Not over keen on the warg sculpts. The heads are good, but the rest is a little strange! They were prepped and primed over the last couple of weeks in between other jobs.

Anyway, keep building all, and enjoy your bench time...
That is Top,TOP quality stuff right there Tim:cool:
Loving it!
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This has been languishing around for about 10 years. The original build idea was to produce a late war Tiger with out the skirts so as to show the Paul Heiser's cast resin tracks to better advantage. Since the skirts were part of the Hull molding, they had to be cut off and the entire lower Hull and Sponson area needed to be rebuilt. I lost interest and this is where it was at when I picked it up a few weeks ago.P1010524.JPG
.........and this is how it looks now after getting some of my Mojo back. Yes it's 1-87 scale.P1011706.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good to see your mojo retuning Lee.

[QUOTE="Lee Drennen, post: 551263, member: 6615"

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I like this idea.....
I don’t blog most of what I do because you would all soon get bored of me saying “then I painted this bit...”
View attachment 416736
Four games workshop ghost like creatures......first time I’ve painted anything in oils for about twenty years LOL....some of the transitions are a bit stark, but the overall effect is there. They were painted last weekend then left for a week to dry, and have now been Matt varnished so I can complete the base detail in acrylic.....that will be next weeks task......

View attachment 416737
Nest up, nearly finished four wild animals for Frostgrave. All they need is tuft dressing and snow. They are whitemetal from North Star and were painted while the ghosts dried.....

View attachment 416738
last up, some early days on five Warg scout riders for Oathmark (my next long term project). These are 28mm plastics again from North Star. Not over keen on the warg sculpts. The heads are good, but the rest is a little strange! They were prepped and primed over the last couple of weeks in between other jobs.

Anyway, keep building all, and enjoy your bench time...
Like that one on the bottom right Tim in the first photo .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Like that one on the bottom right Tim in the first photo .
Thanks John. An experiment in oils.....they have all used the same colour palette with differing mid tones and mixing. The one you have picked out is probably the most successful.
I didn’t want to go with the “classic” white ghosts because white is a hard colour to shade well, and they would probably end up looking like a bad black and white film! The moulded in bases are a little fussy for my tastes but the ghosts will make good sword fodder.....

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dzohn, unclear, an 'N' scale pair of railcar wheels might work. I had one around here somewhere.........

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dzohn, unclear, an 'N' scale pair of railcar wheels might work. I had one around here somewhere.........
Would be nice if you can Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.