What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry to inform you .........you can now join the "unwashed" masses of this forum who do NOT qualify for membership in the TBC. I'm sure that when a certain Mr. Race spots this post, he will more than likely confirm my theories regarding said "bench". Cheers Bobby and Please Try Harder. ;) Rick H.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
A little bit more of a play tonight. This time i found an old dio i started way back and totally forgot about. So i added some more grass to it and built it up in layers (taking advice from Geek Gaming). Still need to add some more 6mm grass to it but i like doing this now. Giving me some real inspiration to have a crack at a 'proper' diorama

IMG_2120.JPGIMG_2121.JPGIMG_2122.JPG

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry to inform you .........you can now join the "unwashed" masses of this forum who do NOT qualify for membership in the TBC. I'm sure that when a certain Mr. Race spots this post, he will more than likely confirm my theories regarding said "bench". Cheers Bobby and Please Try Harder. ;) Rick H.
The massed ranks of Conkers will not sit still for this, for we are many.

20210322_211403.jpg

D

Deleted member 7181

Currently priming the SU-57.

It looked quite a simple kit when I first opened the box but now have 47 different pieces or sub assemblies (not all pictured). I haven't even bothered with all the spare missiles or fuel tanks that I won't be using, and that number doesn't include the engine/exhaust parts. I'm running out of space and clippy things. These modern jets certainly take up some real estate :smiling5:

2021-03-23 11.50.30.jpg2021-03-23 12.50.59.jpg

First Name
Andy
Looking good Andy, I have a 1/32 Sukhoi SU27 hiding under the bench and when built it will be HUGE and it also has many, many parts..........one day it will get started, maybe.

Andy.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Andy, Tim.

I don't know how Barry manages with all those 1/32 aircraft, I'd need the Albert Hall to spread out into! :smiling5:

And it's sucking up some paint too. Over half a bottle of MRP gone already and I haven't started on the top side yet :thinking:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Currently priming the SU-57.

It looked quite a simple kit when I first opened the box but now have 47 different pieces or sub assemblies (not all pictured). I haven't even bothered with all the spare missiles or fuel tanks that I won't be using, and that number doesn't include the engine/exhaust parts. I'm running out of space and clippy things. These modern jets certainly take up some real estate :smiling5:

View attachment 417691View attachment 417692
Thanks for that Andy i was comming awfully close but have put wingy thing box back in the stash:tongue-out3:

D

Deleted member 7181

I have some paint on the SU-57 now.

I've never used pre-cut masks before so thanks go to Barry W for his advice last night. It went surprisingly well, with the masks fitting perfectly. I've only mocked it up for the pictures and the surface texture is moulded into the plastic, it's not my poor gunmanship :smiling5:

2021-03-24 10.43.43.jpg2021-03-24 10.41.44.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
All change at the bench....
These guys are finished and in the cabinet.
14FD4976-636A-49CF-AE25-4EC3CDB87B3C.jpeg

and these guys are zenithally primed and will move over to the paint bench when the Warg riders are done.....as an aside, I used Vallejo black and grey primer (because I’ve got some) . I was going to highlight using white from above, but the white has gone grainy so is in the bin! When John gets some stynylres in I’ll try that!
3917FEAE-DECE-4B82-A060-60C0F53EF376.jpeg
I like to keep the production line going...these will be painted in batches of ten. The next unit of ten archers is being cleaned and assembled in between painting tasks.....
The riders will take about a week, so these should move to the painting bench around next Thursday!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow Tim, you have been a busy boy. Your Game pieces are magnificent. I am amazed at how quickly you get them done. I am slowly gathering the necessary components to start my Fig. painting. when I'm ready I'll send you a PM. Rick H.

Status
Not open for further replies.