What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is that the old Matchbox kit? Though judging by the detail inside the nose hatch, probably not :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Is that the old Matchbox kit? Though judging by the detail inside the nose hatch, probably not :smiling3:
It's the new'ish' Airfix 1 /48 anew tool that is right up there regarding fix and quality. Surface details are delicate with both recessed panel lines and raised rivet detail. The motor could use a bit more detail though.
Beautiful paint work Ian. :thumb2:
Thanks painted with vallejo air.
Next the rigging...gulp.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I've been at this for a few days....when it's finished It will become part of my Tuskegee Diorama, along with a jeep, some ground crew, pilot and of course, my recently completed P51 "Redtail". As you can see I am not following the proto type entirely but the conversion from water tank truck to fuel tanker will be more than evident. A reasonable facsimile is all I'm after.P1012463.JPG

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Centauro build resumed: bottom hull primed (red) an painted (Tamiya NATO green), resin wheels primed (black) and green sprayed on. Rubber black on wheels and some lower hull coating and weathering next time.
IMG_0963.JPG
The blue masks are included with the wheels, but there are only 8 while, surprisingly, the wheels have 2 sides each (unbelievable new things are discovered while modelling :tongue-out3:) so had to cut 8 new ones (like the yellowish one) which I applied on the internal side of the wheel.
Those resin wheels are really nice.

Andrea

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Construction complete, paint drying and tomorrow I'll spin the tires on my bead polisher and get the rubber painted. Then It's a clear coat for decal work and last it 's a bit of fine detail painting and some weather......look for this in completed soft skins in the not too distant future.P1012468.JPG

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking very clean & neat. You going to change the front bumper?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul, thought about it but it's OK for the Dio......I know, S/B a straight bumper with tow hooks on it but what the hey. :thinking: Just going for the appearance of a fuel truck......Water truck with flammable decals wasn't working.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Construction complete, paint drying and tomorrow I'll spin the tires on my bead polisher and get the rubber painted. Then It's a clear coat for decal work and last it 's a bit of fine detail painting and some weather......look for this in completed soft skins in the not too distant future.View attachment 467364
Bead polisher? And to what effect?
Picture please
Nice colour ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi guys.....it's actually a "reamer" . I got it years ago from a jewelers supply shop . Comes with various size collets, one of which, is just right to chuck up on the small diameter axles for Mini tanks and other 1/87 scale models. Anyway, this mini tool is variable speed as well as reversible polarity. So l put a wheel/rire assembly on the axle and spin it slowly while applying paint to the tire with a brush, and it very neatly allows me to brush right up to the rim without mucking up the wheel. I'll post up a pic. Next time I get near the bench.......sorry if I mislead you.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's the pic. I promised.........note the flesh wash is for scale purposes only. As you can see, it is quite small and it is extremely quiet. There is a six position speed control switch and next to that is the polarity switch on the A/C adaptor. It is in no way as powerful as a Dremel or that type of tool. It came with a couple of different size tapered diamond reamers that I have no use for.....I suspect they would work rather well if you were making a pearl necklace and needed to size the holes to the material you are stringing them on. Again, sorry if I confused anyone with my lack of a proper description. ;) P1012470.JPG

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Mostly look like rock polishers to me Jakko…….
Yes, I had that impression too. I searched for “bead polisher” and got those images out of it. Like I said, it didn’t help me much … Rick’s photo is much more useful :smiling3:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Here's the pic. I promised.........note the flesh wash is for scale purposes only. As you can see, it is quite small and it is extremely quiet. There is a six position speed control switch and next to that is the polarity switch on the A/C adaptor. It is in no way as powerful as a Dremel or that type of tool. It came with a couple of different size tapered diamond reamers that I have no use for.....I suspect they would work rather well if you were making a pearl necklace and needed to size the holes to the material you are stringing them on. Again, sorry if I confused anyone with my lack of a proper description. ;) View attachment 467404
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.