What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Prolly why they were buried in the stash Rick H. I dislike working w/resin.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Same Here...at least you don't have to carve the steering wheel or some other tiny part from a block of resin bigger than the finished model! Lol ;) Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
Not updated anything for a while, so here are the latest from my bench. To me, they do not compare with the great work on show here, and you guys are probably getting as bored with seeing them as I am with painting them......but here are more pug uglies, this time with arrow shooting things.....

01011AF3-3866-46EC-A234-6759CDCA2BC9.jpeg
D4F2B4E8-3DDD-4F2C-AFB1-7B98FE1556E7.jpeg
33A16D4D-E9C8-4EEF-871F-45165B4F9253.jpeg
05DD735E-A2A8-4C96-8E9D-1043FFF6B79C.jpeg

..and the obligatory calibration shot....
D903EEF6-EED8-413C-B3D4-EAB48F6CA8EA.jpeg
Cheers all, hope they are of some passing interest!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Regardless of the subject its all of interest to me if I can appreciate the time and effort someone's put in! I think they look great :thumb2: the chain mail looks fantastic.
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the support. Chain mail is really easy though...under paint in black, dry brush in steel, paint in darkest shadows, gloss and Matt varnish, highlight with steel (gets the shine back), then add highest highlights (sparsely) in silver. Simples!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Tim, we can never get bored looking at these little fuglies. You do some incredible things and achieve outstanding results with these tiny figs. I still think the ghosts were just fantastic and the best yet!!!

I love the way you paint the facial expressions on the fuglies too. Your detailing is first rate Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the support. Chain mail is really easy though...under paint in black, dry brush in steel, paint in darkest shadows, gloss and Matt varnish, highlight with steel (gets the shine back), then add highest highlights (sparsely) in silver. Simples!
:tears-of-joy:simples for you maybe! I would end up with a multi coloured golf ball !!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim, we can never get bored looking at these little fuglies. You do some incredible things and achieve outstanding results with these tiny figs. I still think the ghosts were just fantastic and the best yet!!!

I love the way you paint the facial expressions on the fuglies too. Your detailing is first rate Sir!!!

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, I really appreciate the kind comments. Not my detailing though, it comes with the figures. I just paint it LOL.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
:tears-of-joy:simples for you maybe! I would end up with a multi coloured golf ball !!
It really is as easy as I say Mark. The end effect is all smoke and mirrors.....the secret is getting the dilution of the paint correct.....thicker for dry brush work and thinner for blends and detail. Just push some paint around and try it....

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
It really is as easy as I say Mark. The end effect is all smoke and mirrors.....the secret is getting the dilution of the paint correct.....thicker for dry brush work and thinner for blends and detail. Just push some paint around and try it....
I really don't think I could do as good a job as you on something that small but I do keep looking at my display cabinet an thinking hmm maybe there!

Status
Not open for further replies.