What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice looking Alkett version Graeme :thumb2: .......between you and Bob Stug. I think you have it covered:smiling3:;).
When I did mine in 1-87 scale none of this type were available in a plastic kit so I had a go at modifying a Vomag version to get what I wanted........not something I'll do again, once was enough. Looking forward to seeing this one get dirty.
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee, I was just looking at the box art for this bird and there appears to be a considerable amount of cable rigging.......then I noticed the scale........that's some small stuff to be messing with. Hat off to you for even attempting it. :thumb2: Rick H.
Rick. Don’t think I’m going to even tackle that rigging. But thanks for the support

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I understand completely Lee......an alternative would be to use small dia. brass rod cut to the exact length needed and then just a touch of CA and it's on to the next one.....might be worth a try. ;) Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
So whilst I'm working on my DAK 1/35 figures, I'm going to also finish of some figures I've been working on for while. As an example......

.........the ones bottom front right were started about six years ago not long after I came back to the hobby. They're not brilliantly done and although I'm going to touch them up a bit, I'm not redoing them as they're for our little wargames.

BTW there's about 75 individual bits of plastic on display.......:sad-face::sad::loudly-crying:

51196992966_5ced4fe52e_b.jpg

Last edited:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
So whilst I'm working on my DAK 1/35 figures, I'm going to also finish of some figures I've been working on for while, as an example......

.........the ones bottom front right were started about six years ago not long after I came back to the hobby. They're not brilliantly done and although I'm going to touch them up a bit, I'm not redoing them as they're for our little wargames.

BTW they'res about 75 individual bits of plastic on display.......:sad-face::sad::loudly-crying:

View attachment 424212
:nerd: what am i looking at....oh yeah I see them now:tongue-out3:
Six years would have been about my speed on that lot to lol.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well, first update in a fortnight. I’ve finished my Heliograph team. Here they are, Post office Rifles with a staff officer.....quite pleased with them, the first historical for a long time....
View attachment 423833
View attachment 423834
View attachment 423839

And, the usual calibration shot!
View attachment 423840

Next up, another fantasy unit, Goblin archers....
Cheers all, hope you like ‘em...
Tim great stuff love how you've done the lenses plus nice to see some historical stuff . Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim great stuff love how you've done the lenses plus nice to see some historical stuff . Dave
Thanks Dave. Glad you approve :tongue-out3: I know I’ve not done much historical stuff recently, but it’s not been on my radar.....I’ve plenty in the stash though, so keep watching:thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I understand completely Lee......an alternative would be to use small dia. brass rod cut to the exact length needed and then just a touch of CA and it's on to the next one.....might be worth a try. ;) Rick H.
Thanks Rick. I will give it a try thanks for the idea I’m really wanting to try Rigging.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Dave. Glad you approve :tongue-out3: I know I’ve not done much historical stuff recently, but it’s not been on my radar.....I’ve plenty in the stash though, so keep watching:thumb2:
The reason I thought they were cute because the one with the binoculars striked me as one of the Minions. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi just to show that I am working on a dio...here's what's on my bench...
It's gonna take some time but I intend to finish this as I have a fixed idea on how to tone and create an ambience.

G12.jpgG14.jpgG15.jpgG16.jpgG17.jpgG18.jpg

For now I'm progressing with the figures.

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great so far Richard. It has echoes of the Matchbox tank kits with the diorama base....

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Taking a stab at new acquisitions & maybe finish some shelf queens.
100_2850.JPG
Sherman 76mm Easy Eight. Only one I've found in 1/87. $$.
100_2852.JPG
Studebaker compressor truck. Only 1/87 WWII US model I've found, but I don't think they existed on Stude chassis. I can't find any ref. on it.
100_2851.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul, Heiser's does the E8 but getting anything from him is like finding teeth on a hen. What is the source of your Stude....looks like a composite kit. Nice haul btw. Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. I've given up on Heiser. I think he may have bowed out entirely as none of his old outlets seem to get re-ups. adp Models does a line of Studebaker trucks in 1/87. This one is mostly done in something similar to black engineering plastic and the compressor module is done in resin. The detail is of course very sharp in the black stuff, and the resin is good, but a little muddy by comparison. ROCO marching guy cut at the waist & trimmed helmet fits just right. A lot of trimming is needed on the interior to get the cab shell to fit, but otherwise the fit is good. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ready for decals I think. Then touch-up & weathering.
Artitec E8 is excellent although pricey. Included PE fret & decals.
Destructions for Stude gave no hint on spare tire so had to scratch a mount. No decals, mirrors, tow hooks or trailer hitch were included.
100_2854.JPG
C&Cs welcomed. PaulE

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul never knew they made a Air Compressor truck in 1/87 thanks for posting

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking good Paul, Hope you get all the "small stuff" sorted.....I just scratch out the mirrors with .010 brass rod and a punched out disc of evergreen styrene. That's unusual about the spare, usually it was racked behind the cab as you have there. Just checked all my adp resin kits, none had hitches even though there is a provision for for one in the frame. Rick H.

Status
Not open for further replies.