What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Not that I’ve bought many of their sets, but the ones I have looked at, seem well-researched. Not that they’re above making mistakes, of course, so you could say you are just keeping them sharp :smiling3:

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Not that I’ve bought many of their sets, but the ones I have looked at, seem well-researched. Not that they’re above making mistakes, of course, so you could say you are just keeping them sharp :smiling3:
Star Decals sets are very very well, but yes - why not to make and to have 1/1 correct (?).

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon folks,

I've been driving on with the Hetzer and progress has been made. Mounted the Friuls and then placed the upper hull on her,

IMG_2673.JPG
The Friuls are a tick wider than the Academy/Airfix tracks, but the fit is excellent. You can see how close they are to the side skirt mounts, about 1/2mm of space. Did some touching up and mounted the rest of the tidbits on her,

IMG_2675.JPG
Maximus, my helper, is pleased with the results so far and so am I. I need to touch up a couple of things with paint including the jack tiedowns, paint the jack block like wood and weather up the exhaust pipe some. A couple more pics,

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG
After the fixes. I can let her dry and in the morn, start mucking her up. I might even add a decal or two...........And you all thought I was just sitting around drinking beer..................................

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Awesome dude. Suitably impressed. Retirement is obviously suiting you well. Keep it comin my friend

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone. What do you do when you are bored and fed up with doing tracks and armour? You build a fence post! :smiling5: :smiling5:

Add Watermark_2021_10_09_05_22_47 (2).jpgAdd Watermark_2021_10_09_05_22_47 (3).jpgAdd Watermark_2021_10_09_05_22_47 (4).jpgAdd Watermark_2021_10_09_05_22_47.jpg

It was done in a day using 5mm styrene square rod, 3mm wire for the barbed wire and 2mm wire for the ivy stalks/roots. Then painted using acrylics and oils. A little bit of pigments on the stake part and then finished off with Ammo's ivy. Happy modelling everyone.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Everyone. What do you do when you are bored and fed up with doing tracks and armour? You build a fence post! :smiling5: :smiling5:

View attachment 435933View attachment 435934View attachment 435935View attachment 435936

It was done in a day using 5mm styrene square rod, 3mm wire for the barbed wire and 2mm wire for the ivy stalks/roots. Then painted using acrylics and oils. A little bit of pigments on the stake part and then finished off with Ammo's ivy. Happy modelling everyone.
Love it mate looks superb

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
BTR 70, UKRBAT, Sarajevo 1992-93

Decals for letters and numbers finished. I took measurements from pictures and videos, width of letter segment, width and height of letter and word, spacing between letters ...

Now i need to finish flag and letters below it.

De3hVA.jpg
wzDNGC.jpg
6ARWzu.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
What do you do when you are bored and fed up with doing tracks and armour? You build a fence post! :smiling5: :smiling5:

Very nice work Stevie!!! Something original and different too......This wouldn't be a flashback to the fence they built around the golf course to keep you out after your drunken spree in the clubhouse, now would it????

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
That’s beautiful, in an ugly sort of way. Truly believable work.
Love it mate looks superb
Very nice work Stevie!!! Something original and different too......This wouldn't be a flashback to the fence they built around the golf course to keep you out after your drunken spree in the clubhouse, now would it????

Tim, Scottie, Allen - Many thanks for the positive feedback and yes Allen you are perfectly correct :smiling5: ;) :thumb2: :cool:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
..... and here is post number two. Took a little longer as the Milliput had to dry out first

Add Watermark_2021_10_10_11_19_26.jpgAdd Watermark_2021_10_10_11_20_11.jpgAdd Watermark_2021_10_10_11_21_07 (2).jpgAdd Watermark_2021_10_10_11_21_07.jpg

The Milliput was wrapped around 3mm styrene rod and a fine blade was used to create the woodgrain. Then acrylics and oils were added. Lastly nylon thread was used for the rope. This has been an enjoyable and welcome break from the norm. Have a great weekend and happy modelling.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
..... and here is post number two. Took a little longer as the Milliput had to dry out first

View attachment 435958View attachment 435959View attachment 435960View attachment 435961

The Milliput was wrapped around 3mm styrene rod and a fine blade was used to create the woodgrain. Then acrylics and oils were added. Lastly nylon thread was used for the rope. This has been an enjoyable and welcome break from the norm. Have a great weekend and happy modelling.
Realistically done Steve. Who would know there's a plastic skeleton underneath.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Many thanks Richard. I was really pleased how the sculpt came out. Made painting a lot easier.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Awesome dude. Suitably impressed. Retirement is obviously suiting you well. Keep it comin my friend

Thank you Stevie, I still have a few weeks till I'm officially retired (waiting on paperwork) and still working 5 days a week. Just the feeling of being retired has kicked the Mojo sky high my friend!!!

A quick update on the Hetzer and of course, still a bit to do,

IMG_2680.JPG
Airfix Decals on, but they are kinda thick. I went with a single number as It is late war and no time for drawn out artwork. I have given her a good wash with Vallejo European Dust. Nice and easy to brush on and smear about to dull the camo. The lower parts will be mucked up later along with more work on the upper half too. Still can't decide on how I want to do the jack block though...............Need a beer.............

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks so much Tim. I am having a blast with this, but not sure where it's going yet....Base or not to base is the question and maybe a fig too. Gotta try the wet pallete I bought, sometime...........................

Status
Not open for further replies.