Winter camo

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well I wasn't expecting that sort of high praise and especially from your good self Polux :smiling3:

I thought I might of got a looks good or not bad sort of thing so I'm quite surprised and I'm very grateful thanks mate :smiling3:

And thanks for the tit about the wash :smiling3:

N

noble

AAAhhh it's a puma I thought I recognised it by number, sweet job so far dude.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's it now I tried to remember it's nickname but couldn't :D thanks for the kid words mate

P

Polux

There isn't any winter camo equal Alan, your one looks spot on mate, belive me! It only need some washes, no more ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
There isn't any winter camo equal Alan, your one looks spot on mate, belive me! It only need some washes, no more ;)
That's very true , I tried to make it look like it was just splashed over the top of the original paint scheme and the oil paint really worked , next is a king tiger in 1/76 scale with a bit of chipping on the edges same scale as this but it's a bigger tank :smiling3:

D

dubster72

That looks good Alan! :smiling3: I've been wondering about the best way to achieve a chipped winter camo effect in 1/72 since you started this thread.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That looks good Alan! :smiling3: I've been wondering about the best way to achieve a chipped winter camo effect in 1/72 since you started this thread.
Patrick I find maskol or similar works very well on edges not so good on flat surfaces though

I'm pleased you like it , I'm getting to like brail scale :D

D

dubster72

Alan I hate Maskol! I tried it on a 1/35 King Tiger to get a hard-edged 3 colour camo scheme & it went terribly wrong! Probably as much my ham-fistedness as anything!

What I've been mulling over is whether the technique for creating a worn / chipped winter camo in 1/35 would work when scaled down to 1/72.

When I get round to doing my Nashorn I might try something different ... ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan I hate Maskol! I tried it on a 1/35 King Tiger to get a hard-edged 3 colour camo scheme & it went terribly wrong! Probably as much my ham-fistedness as anything!What I've been mulling over is whether the technique for creating a worn / chipped winter camo in 1/35 would work when scaled down to 1/72.

When I get round to doing my Nashorn I might try something different ... ;)
I must admit I haven't tried it on a brail scale kit I first tried it on my sd kfz 250/1 and it worked a treat on corners and edges , I think for small scale you might get away with painting the edges and corners it might work on a small scale :smiling3:

D

dubster72

True, but I'm thinking of spraying a light coat of off-white & then dragging a brush moistened with thinner to give it more of a look as if rain has washed away the whitewash.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
True, but I'm thinking of spraying a light coat of off-white & then dragging a brush moistened with thinner to give it more of a look as if rain has washed away the whitewash.
Yeah that a good idea I did the same on mine to make the original paint show through but I brushed it on first then used a clean dry brush in some places to thin it out