Xact T80 OU

S

steve scan

Time to start my next piece of Russian hardware, construction starts a little differently from my normal tanks adding two small pieces to either side of the front hull and then the upper hull, there are some gaps around the front area that had me a little worried at first but they will be completely hidden eventually

also sink marks but not where it shows,

Thanks for looking.

P

Polux

Some time ago I asked for this brand and model...

Is a good kit, that you recommend ?

Nice start ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking forward to seeing this one come together,o_O

S

steve scan

Yeah I can recommend it, I have seen it done and it looks superb, up to now the parts seem nicely cast and well detailed, not sure about using the rubber band tracks though, nothing wrong with them I just prefer ind. links the fit is good up to now, so yes if you are into modern Russian I would recommend it.

V

virtue66

Would be nice to kitbash Trumpy's T-80 with parts from the X-act .... '' light bulb '' ... :P one day

S

steve scan

Ah would be a good build that one but I am keeping my builds as straightforward as poss. I will leave that to you. :smiling3:

V

virtue66

\ said:
Ah would be a good build that one but I am keeping my builds as straightforward as poss. I will leave that to you. :smiling3:
oh my .. I can already feel the pressure of the peerings eyes of steve ... LOL .. just kidding ... :P

S

steve scan

So more progress with this kit, mainly the fenders which are not glued in place but manage to click into place in all the ugly worrying gaps, strange thing is it works! I have had to paint the wheels and tracks first as none of the wheels are push on nor are the drive sprockets, they all glue in place so nothing turns! so it is imperative that the running gear is completed and in place before the fenders are added, it takes an amount of faith but it works, the fender boxes require you to glue the outsides on this means that unlike trumpeter kits there are no nice etch brass straps, they are moulded so you have a difficult joint line to get rid of, given the choice I would opt for the Trumpeter way much more finesse and get rid of the rubber band tracks, anyway not sure how well the pics will show what I mean,

Should have more to show later.

V

virtue66

Just read about the boxes... damn that's just horrible the way they engineered them. Trumpy's fender was free of hassle. We have the big long fender and boom,the entire row of boxes just glue on ..

hang in there Steve... you will over come this thing.. haha

S

steve scan

More on the rubber band special! :D have made some progress on this, still not happy with the tracks,

hoping to get a bit more done this weekend and have to say I am enjoying this.

V

virtue66

at least most will be covered by the huge side skirts Steve ...

S

steve scan

So last weekend I got to the point of having to form the front mudflaps from the PE supplied, this became such a chore that I gave up and boxed the kit away doing a lot of cursing and started my Trumpeter T80B! anyway last night I got to fiddling with this one again and got the flap formed reasonably, so today I packed the Trumpy. T80 away and got this one back out :rolleyes: and here is where I got to today, much cleaning up still to do and very, very tiny parts in some places,

Thanks for looking.

D

dubster72

It's coming along nicely Steve! pe is a PITA sometimes, but it really adds to the authenticity.

S

steve scan

Update time had a few more hours today, still finding this a mixed bag, there is a lot of excellent moulding but unfortunately silly gaps that have to be dealt with that will lose nice detail as on these boxes

but still enjoying it, got some work done on the turret and the main gun which is a really nice one piece moulding,

Thanks for looking.

P

Polux

Perfect!

I really like the different "textures" on this tank, will be a fantastic model to add all kind of weathering!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great now steve , all your patience with the fit and P.E. is worth it. The turret looks very nicely moulded , the cast effect will look superb under a coat of paint, cheers tony