Xact T80 OU

V

virtue66

Every mag I read, people complain about the fording equipment. They say it is very detailed but clean up and quite complex.... be prepared Steve :P

S

steve scan

Yeah clean up is the word with this one, I heard somewhere that Trumpeter would be kitting this one maybe next year, if so I would certainly buy that one, if I was to do this one again I would use a detail set on it for sure.

V

virtue66

I have heard about Trumpy plan about the 80U .. but won't be anytime soon as they seem to be focusing on the 72 lines for a good part of 2015

S

steve scan

More work done on this one, not particularly enjoying this one, though it will look ok when done it will not be up to Trumpy or Mengs standard but anyway,

Finding it very fussy, unclear instructions and amazingly tiny parts.

P

Polux

Looks fine to me.

Anyway I'm wishing to see your paintwork there ;)

V

virtue66

it is still coming along very nicely Steve.. hang in there.. you're almost there buddy ...

S

steve scan

Ok nearly at the painting stage, which I cant wait for, need to see some paint on it.

Pretty sure it will look ok when it is done.

Thanks for looking.

P

Polux

Very clean build Steve. ;)

Have you ready the primer...? And the paints, the washes, the pigments, the filters, the... :D :D :D

S

steve scan

Update time, finally got it primed and a base coat of green on it, looks better than I expected so next is pre shading and then the main colour, gonna keep this one in overall Russian green,

Fist picture not brill. but I am to lazy to use the camera so I always use my phone, :rolleyes:

Thanks, Steve.

S

steve scan

Not touched this one for a week , very frustrating but anyway I have done the basic painting with a little modulating though I am not sure how effective it has been as I put several washes and pigments on it not sure about the look yet, I am in the detail painting stage at the moment and the shiny look is the matt varnish that has not dried yet,

Thanks for looking.

P

Polux

The general colour looks fine to me.

These modern tanks has a "complex" surface, my advice is be patient and take your time for a pin wash, this kind you will show better all the detailed surface on them :smiling3:

I like it a lot Steve!