Zvezda 1/72 C-130H Hercules

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy,
Lovely start on the office and progress on the wing and innards. The office is spacious and is missing a stenographer and coffee machine. :smiling6:
I have to get rid of my Italeri 1/48 H version and get this kit.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Richard.

I definitely wouldn't have room for a 1/48! I'm already looking for a piece of wood to extend my painting bench for this :smiling5:

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Nick. Everything seems to be fitting together nicely so far.

D

Deleted member 7181

I got the cargo area completed today and the cockpit in place. To say how many sub assemblies were involved it went together really well. Lots of scope for someone who likes to super detail to really go to town, but OOB is good enough for me. I missed a few ejector marks that I thought would be hidden by the seats. Oh well, too late now :smiling5:

nIoxtX8.jpg

4818WJg.jpg

Then I mated the two halves together. There is a tiny step in places, although not as bad as the black primer seepage makes it look. A quick swipe with a sanding stick should sort it.

w3b78UN.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Andy,

Just caught up with this and I see you are "Flying High Again" (sorry Ozzie) with a Herc. You are doing a bang up job and no one will see much of the interior anyway, so don't worry about pin ejector marks. Cool that it came with figs for the cockpit too....

Flown about in these a few times in the Army. Pretty wild until they drop to 500 feet so the airborne can practice low jumps. They throw the side doors open for them to jump and the whole plane shudders and you think it's going to crash. Ahhh, to be young again!!!

Go Scratchy, go....This is gonna be great!!!

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking really cool. Always a feel good bit in a wingy build when the fuselage goes together....

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps.

Yes Allen, figures were a nice touch and you might actually be able to see them a bit :smiling5:

Agreed Tim, feels like a bit of a milestone along the journey.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Great job Andy....looks like a nice kit and your certainly doing it justice :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks all.

I've been putting the engines together today. After doing all the suggested internal painting I've realised you're going to see a big fat zero of any of it without an endoscope. Much like the interior now that I've closed it up.

Good job I enjoyed doing it anyway :smiling5:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You enjoying it is what counts, really. Of course, I find it helps with the enjoyment if something actually remains visible afterward … :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 7181

Indeed Jakko :smiling5:

Well, it isn't getting any smaller! Wings are only dry fitted at the moment but it's overhanging my makeshift paint bench by a fair way.

588BRyf.jpg

And there's a minor technical hitch with the nose weight. I weighed out the required amount of Zero Gravity, but can't get it all in! I've packed it as tightly as I can, even removing a bit here and there as the nosecone wouldn't fit.

ZhUSOXH.jpg

Luckily I've already added a bit of lead strip under the cockpit, and I think there's an area in the front gear bay that can be packed and hidden with a bit of plastic card.

I'll add the rest of the tailplane and do the see-saw test before panicking too much. If all else fails I'm going to pose it with the loading ramp down anyway, so that should prop it up nicely.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looking very good Andy, neat interior hope the weights work out.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Liking this build. It’s a big lad isn’t it. How are you going to display it?

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Fernando.

I've no idea Tim! I'm seriously running out of room already. Will probably end up junking some of my older stuff :confused:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Andy.

Yes, I have a collection of those too. Scrounged from the tyre fitting bays at work lol.