1/12 2010 GT500 Shelby (Oh no not another one I hear you cry! )

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I for one think repeatedly repeating references to relatively regonisable first letter copied words probably helped a lot.

D

dubster72

Very nice Dave, they look painted on :smiling3:

Model cars aren't really my thing, but I'm very tempted to buy one of these!

hello i have just been reading you're post great paint job by the way but there is one problem on the 2010 gt 500 the stripe doesn't go all the way over the black bumper (see link third photo down) i am building this kit at the moment and i made the same mistake and i had to sand the decal off the bumper and respray it

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/06/first-drive-2010-ford-shelby-gt500-part-1-living-on-the-liv/

First Name
Dave
\ said:
hello i have just been reading you're post great paint job by the way but there is one problem on the 2010 gt 500 the stripe doesn't go all the way over the black bumper (see link third photo down) i am building this kit at the moment and i made the same mistake and i had to sand the decal off the bumper and respray it
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/06/first-drive-2010-ford-shelby-gt500-part-1-living-on-the-liv/
This is well spooky, I've just been showing my dad the body of the GT500 and showed him some pics off the web of some kona blue mussies and my dad pointed out that the rear stripe doesn't seem to go right past the rear valance, we looked at some more pictures and it seems that this is the case.

I thought I would have a quick look on here to see what the consensus was and that is when I noticed your post. All I can say is thank you for making it easier to find out what is right and what is not.

At the time when I was putting that decal on it just didn't sit well for me psychologically but I just went with it, should have trusted my gut feeling!

Thanks again and all the best, Dave

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Very nice Dave, they look painted on :smiling3:
Model cars aren't really my thing, but I'm very tempted to buy one of these!
Do it Patrick, its a great kit, it goes together without any serious problems but care has to be taken with the prep of the body and application of the decals. The dashboard area can be a tad testing but as a whole if the car is built in bite size chunks and take time between stages to evaluate whats been done and what needs to be done next will pay dividends when the model finally comes to its completion. Attention paid to the real thing pays also, there is plenty of reference pics online.

I always say that variety is the spice of modelling, why get stuck in a modelling rut.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Nice looking shell look forward to next update. Cheers John
Thanks bud, much appreciated.

I've got all the 'bits' on the shell, grilles, front and back lights, mirrors etc. Just got the clear bits (some masking to do) to go in, roof lining to do, nearly all done, should be finished by the end of the week.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Managed to get the decal off from over the rear valance, used a bit of micro set and a touch of patience, knocked the area back with a couple of grades of micro mesh and recoated the area in black. Looking a lot better now. Its strange when you know something isn't looking right but you still just go with it because thats what the manufacturer has told you to do, you assume that they are right. All the hours ive spent looking at full size GT500's I never even noticed the stripe, I was even lucky enough to be sat behind one just the other day (a chap in Brixham not far from me owns a white with blue stripes GT500 lucky blighter).......I didn't even notice the stripes then as he pulled away from me, I tried my hardest to keep up in my 1.3 Astra.........next time I see him I hope he gives me a 2 mile head start just to give me a fighting chance of having a look at the front end in my rear view before he chews my humble Astra up for breakfast!

First Name
Dave
Couple of more pics, one showing the rectified rear stripe and some showing the added embellishments. Getting near the end of what has generally been a pleasurable build, some areas I'm sure will snare the unwary, but on the whole its a nice rendition of a great car and most of all its another large kit on the market where large kits seem tobe amiss. 《Rear before then after》

View attachment 122569

View attachment 122570

View attachment 122571

View attachment 122572

20151018_095926.jpg

20151019_095115.jpg

20151019_095132.jpg

20151019_095157.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The detail........The finish........PHWOOOOOAAAAR!!

Hello again im glad my post was helpful but i have a bit more bad news the door mirrors are black plastic at the bottom and the body colour at the top i managed to prise mine off and paint the black

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hello again im glad my post was helpful but i have a bit more bad news the door mirrors are black plastic at the bottom and the body colour at the top i managed to prise mine off and paint the black
Thanks for the info, I was aware of the black at the base of the mirrors, just forgot when I put them on (senior ish moment!), will do the necessary soon.

Cheers, Dave

First Name
Dave
Yeah sure. The colour I used is Ford Melina blue metallic by Hycote.

Yours is looking great.

First Name
Dave
Just a quick note on black bits on GT500's, the area around the driver and passenger window is black and also the gutter strip either side of the roof.

Hope this helps, Dave