Paul
going to be big in that scale! :cool:

stock or custom?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Love that blue colour. Nice work Rob, look forward to another super car result :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That colour is great and it's a good start I'll keep an eye out for this :smiling3:

R

Rob1

My first attempt at HT leads did not go well at all the tubing absolutely refused to stick to the dizzy and after many attempts the glue was melting away the plastic until I abandoned all the modelling glue's and went and bought some super glue that bonds in less than 2 seconds :eek:...... tested it on a sprue first just in case it turned the whole thing into a blob, it was perfect and job done see what you think any advice, comments or criticism is welcome without these we do not learn?

Rob.

View attachment 81171

View attachment 81172

View attachment 81173

View attachment 81174

View attachment 81175

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

J

John Huggins

Hi Rob outstanding work to date, the only criticsm i have is i think the HT leads are a little on the long side, i had the same problum with mine when it came to fit the engine in i could not close the bonnet as the leads were to high.

In the end i had to use coax wire to get the 90 deg bend from the dizzy. hope you dont mind the photo or the advice.

View attachment 81176

Looking forward to seeing more.

John

P1050351.JPG

R

Rob1

\ said:
Hi Rob outstanding work to date, the only criticsm i have is i think the HT leads are a little on the long side, i had the same problum with mine when it came to fit the engine in i could not close the bonnet as the leads were to high.In the end i had to use coax wire to get the 90 deg bend from the dizzy. hope you dont mind the photo or the advice.

View attachment 81169

Looking forward to seeing more.

John
MMMM good point, in comparison with your pic mine now looks to me more like a spider :smiling3:

Can you give me more details on exactly how you achieved that great look with the coax please?

Last edited:
J

John Huggins

Hi Rob, i used the inner cable from an old tv lead i had laying around, ( there is more than one size, sky cable is thinner) i drilled a hole in the block where the sparkplugs should be this gives a good glueing point for the HT leads, offer up each lead & bend to shape before glueing into place.

Dont paint the leads befor gluing as this will give a stronger hold.

The thing i hate about a high dizzy's is that the leads to it have a 90 Degree connection to them.

Hope this helps & you are not affended by my comment.

John

View attachment 81212

I hope you dont think im showing off with my pic's but i to had the same problums you have but with a little out of the box thinking & help from othere's on this site a good finnish can be achived.

P1080276.JPG

Last edited:
R

Rob1

\ said:
Hi Rob, i used the inner cable from an old tv lead i had laying around, ( there is more than one size, sky cable is thinner) i drilled a hole in the block where the sparkplugs should be this gives a good glueing point for the HT leads, offer up each lead & bend to shape before glueing into place.Dont paint the leads befor gluing as this will give a stronger hold.

The thing i hate about a high dizzy's is that the leads to it have a 90 Degree connection to them.

Hope this helps & you are not affended by my comment.

John

View attachment 81205

I hope you dont think im showing off with my pic's but i to had the same problums you have but with a little out of the box thinking & help from othere's on this site a good finnish can be achived.
Thanks for the advice John I will definitely give it a go now, or next time get a diesel :D :D :D

Cheers Rob.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Wow great build engine and car loving the colours is it auto paint you use to get that gloss finish as I would love to do something like this looking forward to more pics

R

Rob1

\ said:
Wow great build engine and car loving the colours is it auto paint you use to get that gloss finish as I would love to do something like this looking forward to more pics
Hi John

This is only my second build but I have tried all the paints and lacquers I can get my hands on and had not very good results especially trying to get good lacquer finish with the airbrush this still eludes me (my daughter who does not airbrush but is an artist says I have way too much pressure and it is hitting the target object and bouncing back) but I have zero patience if something does not work immediately it is abandoned and I move on, oh and I managed to completely destroy my first 2 airbrushes :eek:

I would not dream of coming to this fountain of knowledge to offer any kind of advice it is just humbly what is working for me.

So here is my recipe for what you see in the pics I think it could be called airbrush for dummies (or me) if you like.

I am using createx paint it is awesome you can cock it up and leave it overnight and I gest you not when you return to it the next day it has sorted itself out it is so forgiving and no kind of primer or anything is needed.

The paint

View attachment 81291

The lacquer (Although I did have good results the first time round by brushing on Humbrol clear)

View attachment 81292

And the airbrush is a gravity fed neo for Iawata. It is perfect for me because of its simplicity, reliability and ease of use and cleaning. (and I have just learned they are cheaper on this site than anywhere else:cool:)

The result

View attachment 81293

Cheers Rob.

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG