1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 (JV44 Hunters and Protectors Project)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep,
Looks GREAT to me Alan :smiling3: ...
Loving watching this come together !!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Doesn't look like much progress going on but it's taking most of my time up adding holes to the engine in (roughly) the right place for the pipes and wires. Also been adding a few bits missing from the body of the engine and had to scratch build a few of them too. Here is a few of them here. Not great but under a coat of paint i hope they look ok(ish). Most of the bits were made from the underwing rockets that come with the kit.

I'm also looking into how i'm going to hang the engine on the wing as obviously, Revell didn't design it for all the engine panels to be missing thus exposing the engine. I think i have an idea but time will tell if it works.

IMG_2768.JPGIMG_2774.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
And here are a couple of the bits added to the engine.

On a side note. Whilst i was trying to make some pencil marks for where i roughly wanted some holes, i found an issue with the instructions. For the port engine (the one i am depicting), the numbers called out for the engine shrouds are wrong. They are for the starboard engine and vise versa. I was trying to figure out why i had such a gap between the shrouds and the wing. Took a punt and there it was. Wrong ones. All sorted now though

IMG_2776.JPGIMG_2777.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Alan. That engine on its own has more parts than my average quick build kit! Looking forward to this coming togther.

ATB

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I had a set of those, I think it was still even less than 40 parts for the two after I was done chopping them up to make dug-in Panthers :tongue-out:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Think i've done 99% of the holes needed now. I'm waiting on some paint and filler to arrive from Scale Model Shop (should be tomorrow) so in the mean time i have made a start on the various brackets, bell cranks, levers and pulleys. Very small work and my hand keeps cramping up especially when you have fingers like pig teats.

Here's some of the progress. Most of the levers will be made out of lead wire, flattened to shape. I was hoping to get some more of this done this weekend but. I've just been called into work this weekend. So much for 7 days off!

IMG_2781.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice recovery Alan.
That's always the way of small parts, so important for the detail, but take hrs to show very little .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Alan and obviously sorry to hear about your break being cancelled..

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Got some metal paint finish down today.

Sprayed the engine with Vallejo Semi Matt Aluminium. This give the outer body of the engine a slightly better 'worn' look imho. I've seen loads of engines done shiny and i don't feel that would be the case after being used a few times. I also over sprayed the internal exhaust guide with Vallejo Jet Exhaust just to give it a more dirty look.

The Vallejo Metal Color paints performed perfectly as usual. They really are wonderful to brush or spray.

IMG_2783.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looking good Alan :thumb2:
I also like the Vallejo Metal range, no bad smells and looks great. Have fun with the plumbing

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Lovely work Al!! Sorry about your time off being cancelled, pain in the you know where

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Alan,

That is coming on beautifully. Yet again great attention to detail.

ATB.

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. It's going slow with this at the moment as i'm so tired all the time. I've only had 8 days off since 10th December. So i basically come in from work, shower, eat, sleep, repeat. Finding time to concentrate is limited. But when i do get that time then i am trying to make it as good as i can.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Loving the build Alan , esp the wire being wrapped so neatly .
Don't push yourself over the edge mate !