1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 (JV44 Hunters and Protectors Project)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Finally figured out how to do my rollers on the combustion chambers. Tried to mold different things but none really worked. So as you're not really going to see that much when fitted. I decided to make it a basic representation. Just need to make another four now.

IMG_2798.JPGIMG_2804.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Whilst these next two pics don't look like much, i have to say this has taken me litterally hours to get right. It's supposed to depicting the fuel switch valve and the associated pipes that go to it (minus the fuel ring pipe which is still being made).
The arrows point out all the various points i had to connect wires. Problem was that they had to be done a certain way and therefore access at some points was hard to get to and could only be glued when totally fitted and not before. Anyway done now. Feel like i'm going boz-eyed with all this close work :smiling3:

IMG_2807~3.JPGIMG_2808~2.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Quite simply outstanding Al... Something to be very proud of.

Well done.

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Productive day (by my standards). Got the fuel ring pipe fitted and even got some retaining brackets made for it. These were flattened 0.4mm lead wire and then molded around the pipe. Two lots of T-valves made and associated pipework glued to them. Hard work and much swearing involved. Now just in the middle of putting in an electrical loom from the rear to the front(ish) part.

IMG_2811.JPGIMG_2812.JPGIMG_2813.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sorry for all these photos. But i am rather happy with it all so far.

Just a little dry test fit before i paint and then glue other pipes in place. Also it's a good reference for when i come to put this jigsaw all back together :smiling3:

IMG_2814.JPGIMG_2815.JPGIMG_2816.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
With all that "spaghetti" Alan I sure hope you leave the engine cowls open! :cool: ......don't forget the emergency fuel shutoff link to the fuel control valve on the outboard side......just getting my hat, TAXI!!:tongue-out3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Al

You should be rightly very pleased with that. A real work of art and a testament to your research and patience. It's a model in it's own right, let alone just being part of a bigger kit.

Very well done indeed.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I like that......with the cowl off like that you will have plenty of room to "play"! :thumb2:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys.

Wing rockets to the rescue again. I 'needed' to make a raised electrical plug for the exhaust temp sensor on the rear part of the engine. Glued a couple of sliced rocket bits in place and will sand down to the required depth when dry. Would never normally thought about all these unused bits being useful but i'm being a skinflint an re-purposing them :smiling3:

Also painted a couple of pipes on the engine today. What a difference a bit of colour makes

IMG_2817.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice bunch of plumbing there Alan!!! You will definitely need a lot of paper strips to get them all painted. Great work!!!

Prost
Allen

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hi Allen

I'm thinking adding one pipe at a time and then painting it. That way i can make sure i'm not making it too hard to paint afterwards. Will take more time this way but it should be better for what is left of my sanity :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That definitely sounds like a good plan Alan...Can't wait to see the finished Jumo...

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just got two more push/pull rods, one lever and three wires to add then i'll start adding the main pipes back on. It's been a real struggle to get these last few bits on. And i have damaged the paintwork in places. But luckily it's Vallejo Metal Color so it'll hairy stick back on with no problems. It's nice to see the contrast of the black pipes, yellow wiring and metal body. Once this bit is done then it'll be onto the combustion chambers. A couple of fuel pipes and ignition wiring to add then they'll be ready for priming and painting. Rear end of the engine just needs painting.

Oh and just for @adt70hk there are about 50 extra bits added to just this front section alone. You were saying about more than some kits you've built? ;)

IMG_2822.JPGIMG_2823.JPGIMG_2824.JPG