1 35 French Armoured Carrier UE

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well now I'm out of my depth and comfort zone doing this sort of thing but hey here I am so let's wing it and see where we go...
Tamiyas 1 35 Renault UE, dated 2007, it's up to the usual standards that we all come to know and love from Tamiya, there's no flash on any of the frames, mold clear up on wheels... standard! Everything is detailed well in my eyes.
Let's begin, I started with the crew figures first so I know they are ready when it comes to fitting them in, still need a touch up on their faces and their covers need a bit of weathering...

20230501_211037.jpg
More to follow...

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well now I'm out of my depth and comfort zone doing this sort of thing but hey here I am so let's wing it and see where we go...
Tamiyas 1 35 Renault UE, dated 2007, it's up to the usual standards that we all come to know and love from Tamiya, there's no flash on any of the frames, mold clear up on wheels... standard! Everything is detailed well in my eyes.
Let's begin, I started with the crew figures first so I know they are ready when it comes to fitting them in, still need a touch up on their faces and their covers need a bit of weathering...

View attachment 480585
More to follow...
I have one of these in the stash,and Dave's was pretty cool a short while ago...
Those heads are pretty good imho,and if they're anything to go by,then the tankette will be rather impressive too. ;)
Good stuff Lee :smiling3:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Is that next to Oraq?

I have one of these in the stash,and Dave's was pretty cool a short while ago...
Those heads are pretty good imho,and if they're anything to go by,then the tankette will be rather impressive too. ;)
Good stuff Lee :smiling3:
Thanks Andy, well we'll both be surprised on how this turns out then won't we! :tears-of-joy:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well that looks a bit cramped... unless you're Jimmy Kranky!
Interesting vid, thanks Jakko

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Some more progress tonight, crew now complete and the build up of the main body of the UE2...

20230502_202211.jpg20230502_200918.jpg20230502_205712.jpg20230502_211422.jpg20230502_211507.jpg

The interior will get a splash of colour but nothing to exciting as once the crew are in, you're not going to see much at all

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice leather effect on the jackets. Not always easy to recreate
Thanks Steve, I pin washed the jackets (chocolate, Vallejo), first with burnt umber (artists paint), wasn't happy with that so over the top of the umber I used a black (Games)pin wash. I dry brushed them with saddle brown then dry brushed them again with beige brown (both browns Vallejo)

Lee , love the guy on the right , his expression with those eyes :nerd::thumb2:.
Not very big is it !
Thanks John, this is Jean-Paul a new recruit driver so I decided to go for the scared :poop: less look! :tongue-out3:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee,
when you add the crew, you might have to adjust their height - you can't see much of their heads, but you want to get them in the middle of the hatch opening - you don't want to hide your really good face painting!
Dave
Thanks for the advice Dave, I'll bear that in mind when it comes to putting them in place, thank you.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Just a small update tonight, adding some muck to the sides, this was done by using moulding paste, airs dries and is manipulated with a drop of water...

20230503_203617.jpg20230503_203604.jpg