1 35 French Armoured Carrier UE

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking excellent Lee. I still think they are tiny after building my little ‘un. Entrance and exit was a little easier than it looks, but not by much. I had a good look at the one at Bovington…..The dome hinges backwards and the half moon plate and the rectangular plate below it hinge forwards. Must have been very like driving an armoured coffin once closed up though….and I never knew the load box hinged like that. I wonder what the idea behind it was?
Thanks Tim, I have seen the Bovy Renault and it is tiny so jot a chance of driving one of them mate!
I'm guessing as the box is hinged, any cargo can be tipped out?!

Looking excellent there Lee. :smiling3:
... A very nice rendition of this ickle AFV....
.... any decisions on the Dio yet?! ;)
Thanks Andy, sausage fingers don't help on a kit this size!
As for a dio, I have ideas rattling around, it's just a case of deciding which one?!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Have you experimented with mixing paint into that paste for a one-shot effect? I use W&N structure gel which seems similar, if a bit less thick, but it works great with paint, pigments, even texture like fine sand & static grass added.
I do the same when I want thick mud on a model: acrylic structure gel, with or without a sand grain effect in it (you can buy it with that, or you could mix in your own sand), plus paint and perhaps static grass like you say. Works really well.

I'm guessing as the box is hinged, any cargo can be tipped out?!
These vehicles were intended to resupply infantry units in the front line, and AFAIK the idea was indeed that cargo could be simply dumped without exposing anyone to enemy fire when unloading it. Reverse up to a trench, I suppose, and tip the contents of the cargo box into it?

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I do the same when I want thick mud on a model: acrylic structure gel, with or without a sand grain effect in it (you can buy it with that, or you could mix in your own sand), plus paint and perhaps static grass like you say. Works really well.

These vehicles were intended to resupply infantry units in the front line, and AFAIK the idea was indeed that cargo could be simply dumped without exposing anyone to enemy fire when unloading it. Reverse up to a trench, I suppose, and tip the contents of the cargo box into it?
Anything for a quick exit under fire!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry I missed this one Lee. Good to see you posting it up. Had a good read through and love what you're doing here. I think the figs facial expressions are the best and you really bought that out painting them. It is a shame you really can't see them so good stuck inside the bubble things. Great stuff Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Sorry I missed this one Lee. Good to see you posting it up. Had a good read through and love what you're doing here. I think the figs facial expressions are the best and you really bought that out painting them. It is a shame you really can't see them so good stuck inside the bubble things. Great stuff Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen
Glad you joined Allen and welcome to the build.
I'm busy painting the accessories and standing figures at the mo, when I have a minute I'll get pics up

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
WOW! Lee, why don't you do more in 1-87 scale? That Panther is the BomB!! Is that a Trident Plastic kit? You have truly done a fantastic job on this little Gem, and the base fits it like a glove! Tip 'O the Hat Sir. :thumb2: :thumb2:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
WOW! Lee, why don't you do more in 1-87 scale? That Panther is the BomB!! Is that a Trident Plastic kit? You have truly done a fantastic job on this little Gem, and the base fits it like a glove! Tip 'O the Hat Sir. :thumb2: :thumb2:
Yes it is Trident, I have 2 more that are working their way to the top of the stash, they will be done... might even double them up on a dio???

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Fantastic news Lee! When you do build 'em I'd love to see a thread on the build, to see how other people get on with this scale! Double your pleasure, double your fun!! Thanks for posting up the pic....... :thumb2: ;)

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Fantastic news Lee! When you do build 'em I'd love to see a thread on the build, to see how other people get on with this scale! Double your pleasure, double your fun!! Thanks for posting up the pic....... :thumb2: ;)

I'll see what I can do Rick :thumb2: :hugging-face:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
OK, small update... boxes! I painted them flat earth, lightened them with whatever ratio of tan earth and buff, smudged a burnt umber wash over them and then a black wash... feel really happy that they look a pile of :poop:! Also can someone enlighten me on what colour the a fuel? drums should be... I'm seeing them like a chrome/ aluminium colour??? What we're they thinking... let's paint our little tank (not yours Gruber, sit down!) green to try and blend it in with the surroundings and then we will put these metallic drums in the trailer and hope for the best?! COME ON!!!
Anyway here's some guff pics of my boxes...

20230510_214125.jpg20230510_214104.jpg20230510_214047.jpg

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well it's been a few days since I've posted, no pics as yet (I forgot!) but the trailer is sorted and has been covered in mud blah blah blah!
It's been a bit messy today... I met an old shipmate who I haven't seen in 32/33 years... let's just say I've had a few scoops!

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Morning all, I've been busy these last few days so had limited time at the bench but progress since last on, trailer is complete, I've had issues with the tracks throughout this build! The tracks haven't sat right or even properly fit, most of the stowage is in place, work has started on the last 2 figures and I've even managed to start a dio!
Can anyone tell me what colour the barrels should be? The box shows them as a light grey/ metallic?!

20230519_230051.jpg20230519_225954.jpg20230519_230232.jpg20230519_231529.jpg

It's a slow process but I'll get there...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking good, though you may want to scrape the seams on the rolled-up tarps (or whatever they are) a bit more? I have no idea what colour the drums were, so sticking with the instructions is probably the safe bet.