1/48 Boulton-Paul Defiant

First Name
Gregg
The lightning's also looking good in the background!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Dave, done a great job on her , have the finish insight

First Name
Dave
\ said:
looking good Dave, done a great job on her , have the finish insight
Thanks Monica.Still a lot to do though.The under carriage is made up of plastic ,PE and metal tubing.And the instructions are very vague as to where the bits go.So plenty of opportunities to mess up!.

First Name
Dave
Decals going on.Still some small stencils to apply.The decals grab as soon as they touch the model and then won't move.So I brushed Klear floor polish on before applying each decal onto wet Klear.This method gives you plenty of time to move the decal into the correct position.

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking great Dave, turned out well, turned out to be a swan , from the ugly duckling :rolleyes: :D

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Great work Dave!PS: thanks for the decal tip ;)
The decal tip isn't my idea.I got it off this forum from one of Tony (Yak face) build threads.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Dave, hard to believe this is the same dog at the start of the build. As Monica said, ugly duckling to swan.

First Name
Dave
I've just put the undercarriage on.I found it quite difficult because it's made up of plastic,metal tube and PE parts.The instructions are vague as to the positioning of parts .So I superglued them to the legs as shown in the instructions and glued the other ends to the undercarriage bay where they touched.Not sure it's right but it looks ok withe the model on its wheels.Just a bit of paint to touch up and the doors to go on.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Dave

Looks like you're nearing completion too.

I like the metal detail on the landing gear, although the bays seem a bit lacking in detail. This is the thing with short run kits though and they really won't be visible when the model is on it's wheels.

This is a cracking build which promises to be a fantastic looking model in the not-too-distant future. I'm really looking forward to seeing this finished and seeing all the great work you've put in.

I've a soft spot for this oddball aircraft and I'm hoping for a 1/32 scale version someday (maybe nothing but a dream)

Top stuff

Paul

T

treyzx10r

Dave just got through catching up on this build,must say you're doing an outstanding bit of modelling on this! Looking forward to seeing it play out!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Great build Dave, I can see you are close to that finish line. Finish it off! I am eager to see how this one turns out.

John

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work on the landing gear Dave , i think it looks great and well done, :D all you could off don was try to find some pics off the landing gear and copy them,

if it had off been a problem

the last hedge is in sigh :rolleyes:

First Name
Dave
I put the finishing touches to the model this evening.I added a pitot tube from brass rod to the port wing as there wasn't one included in the kit.And I airbrushed the model with Vallejo satin varnish after the matt varnish started to dry with white patches.will take some more photos tomorrow in day light and post them in the completed aircraft section.