1/700 scale bismarck wreck.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a superb job Si ......... I always enjoy builds of the Bismarck......... and this dio, with it's subject is great.

I was lucky enough to have been taken on a tour of the private museum in the shipyard where it was built a few years ago. They have a huge model in there, as I recall, it's something close to 15ft long ....... and walking in the drydock built for the Bismarck, gives an dea of the size of the thing.

Peter

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That is a superb job Si ......... I always enjoy builds of the Bismarck......... and this dio, with it's subject is great. I was lucky enough to have been taken on a tour of the private museum in the shipyard where it was built a few years ago. They have a huge model in there, as I recall, it's something close to 15ft long ....... and walking in the drydock built for the Bismarck, gives an dea of the size of the thing.

Peter
Cheers Peter, this was a tricky so and so to do as I kept finding out info after I had built the ship...had to do the hull compression damage after the deck was well fastened to the hull...then had to cut and faff with internal structure and plating...but it worked in the end.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Another fantastic build!!

Will do sometime the Titanic...? ;)

Cheers

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Another fantastic build!! Will do sometime the Titanic...? ;)

Cheers
Pleased you like it. Titanic...maybe...maybe.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I really like this Si some great work
Thanks Ian, looks easy but was a pain as I was forever tinkering, still not sure if I am 100% with it.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top drawer build Si, really nice representation and something different.....

Well done.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I really like that!

What happened to the main turrets does anyone know?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Top drawer build Si, really nice representation and something different.....Well done.

Ron
Cheers Ron, came out rather well.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I really like that!What happened to the main turrets does anyone know?
Thank you mate, glad you enjoyed my build. The main turrets fell out when the Bismarck capsized, each gun turret weighed 1,900 tons each and was held in by gravity alone.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That's really cool. Must have taken a long time to get just right.Excellent stuff :cool:
Around 35 hours total build time, on and off and faffing around, for such a small scale it proved to be more of a handful than I thought. Thank you for commenting Luke and glad you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wilko

The level of people's work here is quite overwhelming, but the support and positive attitude that people seem to have for one another here makes it a little easier. :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
The level of people's work here is quite overwhelming, but the support and positive attitude that people seem to have for one another here makes it a little easier. :smiling3:
Thank you Luke, I agree that there are some outstanding work on this site, I look at some folks work and think...chuffing hell, if mine came out half as good I would be in seventh-heaven! But, as you say, the people on this site don't care if your a top model maker or can barely hold a paintbrush-it is act of making that draws us together to promote modelling, have a laugh and hopefully get better and learn something...well, that's the idea.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Your works are very original, bravo for them and the research you put in!
Thank you Alex, very kind of you to say so. Glad you like them, I enjoy making them.

W

Wilko

Agreed mate. The community is a valued partner to the modeling

Talking to like minded people make the hobby so much more enjoyable. When my wife laughs at me for buying extra fine nail files from the local boots store, I just remind her that there are hundreds of us doing the same this all over the world...lol

Last edited: