1/700 scale bismarck wreck.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Agreed mate. The community is a valued partner to the modelingTalking to like minded people naked the hobby so much more enjoyable. When my wife laughs at me for buying extra fine nail files from the local boots store, I just remind her that there are hundreds of us doing the same this all over the world...lol
Yep, jars full of junk...that may just come in handy...old pieces of wire...nail files etc. All have a use...women just don't see it mate... ;) ...er...wife's coming...run!

Si:smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's great! I remember seeing the footage when they originally found the wreck and I think you've really captured it well.

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That's great! I remember seeing the footage when they originally found the wreck and I think you've really captured it well.Cheers

Steve
Thanks Steve, remember thinking that it would be an easy model to make...wrong...loads of info turning up after I had added something or need to change something...just went on and on.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You've definitely captured the look and feel of it. Well done!

Cheers

Steve

W

Wilko

Yeah, being a PC / Phone repairer, I already had loads of jars, boxes, tubs, draws, cupboards, sheds...full of random stuff that I deem useful but the wife sees as junk. :smiling3:

To be honest, she is pretty cool and puts up with my random collections of models, tools, RC and collectors mags. :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You've definitely captured the look and feel of it. Well done!Cheers

Steve
Thanks again, makes me happy to think it has worked that well Steve.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yeah, being a PC / Phone repairer, I already had loads of jars, boxes, tubs, draws, cupboards, sheds...full of random stuff that I deem useful but the wife sees as junk. :smiling3: To be honest, she is pretty cool and puts up with my random collections of models, tools, RC and collectors mags. :D
Sounds like a very understanding wife...your dead meat mate...she is just letting it go on and on and then...wham! There all in the bin :D Keep her sweet with flowers, also it is an excuse to see what other models might be lurking out and about... ;)

W

Wilko

I have found that if I spend the equal amount on her when I go model shopping, it's enough to pacify her just long enough to sneak the extra two models' I didn't tell her about' through the back door.....:cool:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I have found that if I spend the equal amount on her when I go model shopping, it's enough to pacify her just long enough to sneak the extra two models' I didn't tell her about' through the back door.....:cool:
I like it sir!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It was my wife who told me to take up the hobby after I had built a boat for a friend and even bought me my first kit but it got a hold on my and artwork weeks I had about eight kits, she told me I could only have two kits in my stash but she soon realised she wasn't going to win when I just said I'm only looking when on shopping trips , what she doesn't know is I planned it so wherever we when're there was a hobby shop nearby lol , now nearly two years later I have about 30 kits in the stash and she's fine and supports me with it even going as far as buying me kits that I want but can't find so as long as I help out around the house and spend the evening with her I get to do what I want :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It was my wife who told me to take up the hobby after I had built a boat for a friend and even bought me my first kit but it got a hold on my and artwork weeks I had about eight kits, she told me I could only have two kits in my stash but she soon realised she wasn't going to win when I just said I'm only looking when on shopping trips , what she doesn't know is I planned it so wherever we when're there was a hobby shop nearby lol , now nearly two years later I have about 30 kits in the stash and she's fine and supports me with it even going as far as buying me kits that I want but can't find so as long as I help out around the house and spend the evening with her I get to do what I want :smiling3:
That is just brilliant Alan, my missus supports my modelling and helps out now and again. Nice to have that relationship my friend.

W

Wilko

LOL at the premeditated destination for shopping...That's exactly what i do.

It sure is nice to have a wife that is understanding of my obsessive nature to collect small plastic models. :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
LOL at the premeditated destination for shopping...That's exactly what i do.It sure is nice to have a wife that is understanding of my obsessive nature to collect small plastic models. :smiling3:
In my case, just as long as they are not in the lounge...apart from a two foot RC boat being sorted...at the moment. :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Superb job si , amazing work , cheers tony
Why thank you Mr Tony, mod, sir...glad you like it. :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
LOL at the premeditated destination for shopping...That's exactly what i do.It sure is nice to have a wife that is understanding of my obsessive nature to collect small plastic models. :smiling3:
It's great I'm pretty sure my wife still hasn't twigged lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It's great I'm pretty sure my wife still hasn't twigged lol
Except when she reads this...and we never hear from you again :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Except when she reads this...and we never hear from you again :D Si:smiling3:
That won't happen mate she goes to bed earlier than me and I get up earlier and I have a laptop , tablet, and phone to post on lol

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

What I like about this is that you have made like a series of naval wrecks. Great Job. Keep up at those naval dios!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That won't happen mate she goes to bed earlier than me and I get up earlier and I have a laptop , tablet, and phone to post on lol
You know what they say about getting too cocky Alan...a woman is not to be trifled with...sponged caked yes, but never trifled...she will know...they all do.