1/72 Hasegawa Lancaster

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
Fuselage together, undercoated, filled gaps, undercoated and painted wheel bays and flaps (I did these green instead of black just to add some colour more than anything). Think once gloss varnished they should come up well with a dirty brown wash.

Not sure on whether to pre shade as it's only 1/72 panels are small and close together.

IMG_20231228_161457.jpgIMG_20231228_161328.jpgIMG_20231228_161318.jpgIMG_20231228_161310.jpg

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
Very nice James.
Question I have wanted to ask for a while! When pre-shading do you use an airbrush? Or hairy stick?
I use an airbrush as you get the fade as you work out from the line if that makes sense which you don't with a hairy stick. Was a bit trial and error that as it is quite a small kit compared to what I'd usually pre shade.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking very good James. Some resin parts are so fragile that clean up is virtually impossible. Glad the control flaps etc all fitted fine as I notice they were for the Tamiya kit. That's a very competent pre-shade.and paint job. You're making a cracking job of this lesser known Lancaster kit.

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
Looking very good James. Some resin parts are so fragile that clean up is virtually impossible. Glad the control flaps etc all fitted fine as I notice they were for the Tamiya kit. That's a very competent pre-shade.and paint job. You're making a cracking job of this lesser known Lancaster kit.
I hadn't noticed actually. I wonder if it is a Typo as I thought Tamiya only did a 1/48? Fitted ok, though two are in wrong place and had to be cut as I only noice once glued.
Fit wasn't too bad overall I guess, bomb bay was a bit of a pig, I did a bit of surgery and used some non standard fitting.

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
HELP NEEDED!

Managed to tear the small "S" for the tail today, also the roundals on the wings (blue and red).
Cannot find squadron code markings with yellow edging anywhere, not the small "s" anyway, it's about 2-3mm shorter than the big S.
Does anyone have any of the 3 things above spare? I will of course pay postage.

IMG_20240111_134648.jpg